LEAD ENGINEER ASSISTANT(1042 Views)
About Global Technology
Background and Introduction
Global Technology is an Afghan-owned company working in collaboration of Afghan Government and International agencies in different parts of Afghanistan.
Management skill how to manage project Scope, Quality, Time, Risk, Cost and Stakeholder expectation,Liaises with Regional Office (RO) staff as required, and provides assistance to the team the professional team of 20 engineer when visiting projects for assessment,Serves as technical professional engineer advising USACE for one or more program areas which involve substantial and exceptionally complex engineering aspects relating to the design, implementation and administration of technical projects for road and irrigation systems, bridges, facilities, etc.
|Date Posted:||09 Jul 2018||Reference:||VA-0025-18|
|Closing Date:||16 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
LEAD ENGINEER ASSISTANT DUTY & RESPONSIBILITY
A- Job Description
1. Management skill how to manage project Scope, Quality, Time, Risk, Cost and Stakeholder expectation.
2. Liaises with Regional Office (RO) staff as required, and provides assistance to the professional team of 20 engineer team when visiting projects for assessment.
3. Serves as technical professional engineer advising USACE for one or more program areas which involve substantial and exceptionally complex engineering aspects relating to the design, implementation and administration of technical projects for road and irrigation systems, bridges, facilities, etc.
4. Develops designs, drawings, and specifications, detailed engineering plans and cost estimates for projects in assigned program area(s).
5. Reviews, evaluates and makes professional recommendations to USACE personnel concerning the engineering feasibility of plans developed by proposers of projects.
6. Monitors the adequacy and acceptability of the engineering aspects of project construction work through field inspections, review of Contractor reports and meetings with project personnel.
7. Provides safety oversight, documentation of such oversight, and directs corrective actions in cases of life-threatening situations as required to ensure worker safety during the performance of Contractor executed mechanical engineering projects or project tasks.
8. Submits reports to USACE personnel on project progress, including professional analyses of engineering and related problems and recommendations for corrective action.
9. Maintains liaison with USACE personnel and Contractors responsible for project implementation, scheduling, procurement and compliance with local building and construction codes for the purpose of facilitating the resolution of problems.
10. May supervise a staff of engineering draftsmen, engineering inspectors, and clerical support personnel and, where needed, other engineers employed under this contract.
11. Assists USACE personnel in training and mentoring initiatives by providing subject matter expertise and conveying cultural meaning and intent; e.g., coordinates, plans, develops and evaluates training, training needs and course objectives.
12. Provides translation services, oral and written for USACE staff, as needed.
13. Coordinates the translation, proofreading and editing of documents as required;
14. Organizes regular team meetings and conference calls/video-conferences, often over different time zones, including the preparation and distribution of documents and providing the necessary technical devices;
15. Takes minutes of regular team meetings and other meetings with the assistances of and coordination with USACE as required;
16. Assists in the orientation of new staff, providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation; and Works with other Lead Engineers to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed; and maintains confidential records.
17. Assists the professional team of 20 engineer in preparing and formatting documents, including PowerPoint presentations.
18. Develops and maintains an efficient filing system for the team to meet the requirement and have proper monthly backup for softcopy.
19. Maintains a tracking system of responses to proposals;
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1- (Fluent) and ability to speak and read Dari/Pashtu is required.
2- Ability to use a variety of office equipment (i.e. computers running MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), copiers, scanners, digital cameras).
3- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
1) B.S. or equivalent collegiate degree in civil or other appropriate engineering field.
2) At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in Engineering & Management.
3) Expert knowledge of the field of engineering in which engaged and a sound knowledge of allied fields bearing upon the engineering work involved.
4) Expert knowledge of building and construction practices and knowledge of building and
5) Substantial skill in preparing engineering reports, specifications and related materials in English.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter to the mention email. Please include the name of position & Vacancy no in the subject line, only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview,
|More jobs in this category|
|O&M Field Technician, Mechanical at I Engineering Group||Multi Cities||26 Nov 2018|
|Civil Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||26 Nov 2018|
|Junior Civil Engineer(Re announced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP P..||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|Project Manager at MSDCC||Ghazni||14 Nov 2018|
|Construction Manager at (MCG ) Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||03 Dec 2018|
|(عضو مدیریت هایدروتخنیک (.. at DABS||Kabul||14 Nov 2018|
|HVAC Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Project Manager at UNCDC||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|