Field Officer(1519 Views)
-DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.
The Field Officer is responsible for project implementation, supervision of activities and coordination with district authorities and relevant NGOs within field office area.
S/he will professionally and personally performs so as to bring credit to DACAAR and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
|Date Posted:||09 Jul 2018||Reference:||PB-015/2018|
|Closing Date:||24 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||777 to 777 USD|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The incumbent will prepare action plan and make sure that all interventions and achievements within the target area are on a right track towards project objectives and goal.
• Supervise daily assignments given to agronomists, social organizers, woman empowerment officers and other staff of field office.
• Coordinate the project activities with regional office and district authorities and liaise with local authorities, local shuras, NGOs and donor’s representatives within the field office area.
• Solve the problems of project staff with community and local authorities
• Check the quality of work and local materials of different project interventions;
• Oversee the correct use of DACAAR assets including vehicles/equipment and supervise regularly.
• Oversee proper use of DACAAR money and closely monitor the cash flow and expenditure of the project.
• Mobilize communities to contribute their part to the project so that the communities are functioning well and participating in relevant project activities.
• Observe community contribution amount, keep track of figures and keep the CDCs informed through the relevant staff.
• Inform project staff of decisions made by Regional/Program/DACAAR Senior Management.
• Control/authorize leave for project staff;
• Facilitate human resources allocation to project in relevant locations and consults Regional Manger about the issue.
• Conducting the village survey and site selection of, Natural Resource Management (NRM) and Woman Empowerment (WE) properly.
• Purchase and authorize the local activities materials.
• Prepare monthly expenses vouchers of the project.
• Prepare monthly progress report, stock report and attendance report.
• Prepare completion reports and send to Regional Office.
• Prepare completion reports for NRM, SSED and WE interventions.
• Prepare non-expendable stock report at the end of project.
• Ensure a suitable community based involvement
• Ensure that safety procedures are followed properly.
• Ensure NRM, SSED and WE intervention complies with given standard operational procedures.
• Must have strong communication skills in local language and sense identification, recording and promotion of community indigenous innovations.
• Any other relevant task given by Supervisor
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Strong Communication Skill and proper planning skill and Community mobilization.
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: University degree, Bachelor of Agriculture is required.
Experience: At least three years of experience in NRM projects is required.
Other qualifications’ an advantage: Strong Communication Skill and proper planning skill and Community mobilization.
Languages: Pashto, Pashto and English.
• Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
• Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
• 36 days of paid annual leave per year
• 10 days of paid sick leave per year
• 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
• 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 15 days of public holidays per year
Afghanistan - Kandahar: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KANDAHAR)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to mentioned email or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
• Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
• Application without Indicating the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied for in the subject line will not be considered.
• DACAAR job application form can be obtained from; DACAAR website www.dacaar.org/, acbar website www.acbar.org/; jobs.af website www.jobs.af / and DACAAR Main Office kabul.
• Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
• The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Social Safeguards, and Gender Specialist (Re .. at ( Ministry of Agricul..||Kabul||26 Nov 2018|
|Sr. M&E Officer at CLAP-MAIL||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|M&E Assistant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||20 Nov 2018|
|M&E Assistant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||20 Nov 2018|
|Senior Rural Livelihood Officer at MAIL/Panj Amu||Multi Cities||15 Nov 2018|
|Farmers Call Center Operator at MAIL/OFWMP||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|IPM Specialist at MAIL/OFWMP||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|