Field Officer(14588 Views)
-DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.
The field officer is responsible for ROI - WASH (O&M) project implementation, supervision of its activities, coordination to work closely with humanitarian actors working in similar project sites and sectors on district and provincial levels to ensure the sustainability of implemented activities.
She/he will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to DACAAR and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
|Date Posted:||09 Jul 2018||Reference:||PB-017/2018|
|Closing Date:||29 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||777 to 777 USD|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare action plan and make sure that all interventions and achievements within the target area are on a right track towards sustainable O&M of project objectives and goal.
• Supervise daily assignments of, O&M Supervisor, and other relevant staff of the team.
• Coordinate the project activities with regional Manager/field coordinator and district authorities and liaise with local authorities, local shuras, NGOs and donor’s representatives within the working area.
• Solve the problems, if any, of project staff with community and authorities
• Check the quality of work and local materials procured for sustainable O&M of implemented WASH project interventions;
• Oversee the correct use of DACAAR assets including vehicles/equipment and supervise regularly.
• Oversee proper use of DACAAR money and closely monitor the cash flow and expenditure of the project.
• Mobilize communities to contribute their part to sustainable O&M of WASH projects to enable the user groups to repair the water points in future.
• Make sure taking of photos of the water points before and after repair.
• Make sure required materials of the water points for repairing are supplied on time.
• Make sure chlorination of water sources during repairing.
• Strengthen O&M system of water points convincing hand pump mechanics and user groups to do according to agreed terms and condition.
• Observe community based maintenance system of WASH projects in target area.
• Inform project staff of decisions made by Regional/Program/DACAAR Senior Management.
• Control/authorize leave for project staff;
• Facilitate human resources allocation to project in relevant locations and consulates with Regional Manger and Field coordinator about the issue.
• Conducting the village survey and site selection of water points for rehabilitation in the target beneficiaries.
• Purchas and authorize the local activities materials.
• Prepare monthly expenses vouchers of the project.
• Prepare monthly progress report, stock report and attendance report.
• Prepare completion reports and send to regional office.
• Prepare non expendable stock report at the end of project.
• Ensure a suitable community based mechanic/volvement is selected, trained and input
• Ensure that safety procedure is followed.
• Authorizing leave for site staff
• Any other tasks given by supervisor
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Strong Communication Skill and proper planning skill and Community mobilization.
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: University degree, Bachelor of Civil Engineering is required.
Experience: Three years relevant experience in WASH related projects (Pipe scheme, Operation & Maintenance and Tube well).
Other qualifications’ an advantage: Strong Communication Skill and proper planning skill and Community mobilization.
Languages: Pashto, Pashto and English.
• Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
• Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
• 36 days of paid annual leave per year
• 10 days of paid sick leave per year
• 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
• 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 15 days of public holidays per year
Afghanistan - Balkh: PROVINCIAL CENTER (MAZAR SHARIF)
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to mentioned email or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
• Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
• Application without Indicating the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied for in the subject line will not be considered.
• DACAAR job application form can be obtained from; DACAAR website www.dacaar.org/, acbar website www.acbar.org/; jobs.af website www.jobs.af / and DACAAR Main Office kabul.
• Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
• The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Five Engineer, Five Technician, Five Electric.. at APEC||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|
|Solar System Engineer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Construction Manager at (MCG ) Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||07 Aug 2018|
|Powered Support Systems Mechanial at Global Technology||Multi Cities||21 Jul 2018|
|Mechanical Engineer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|Mechanic (Generator Technician) at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|انجنیر امور فاضلاب at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and ..||Nangarhar||18 Jul 2018|
|انجنیر سروی at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corp..||Nangarhar||18 Jul 2018|
|Electrical Engineer/Solar Engineer at Jubaili Bros||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|
|Deputy Procurement Director at Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|Quality Control Engineer at Khan Group int'l||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|