Policy and Planning Advisor(661 Views)
About Tetra Tech - JSSP
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.Tetra Tech provides technical, management, and advisory services to help developing and transitioning societies navigate the challenges they face. We work around the world to help establish and strengthen productive relationships between state and society and develop sustainable government and justice systems that are responsive, transparent, accountable, fair, and efficient. In this way we increase stability, foster investment, and improve the rule of law, which benefits our partner countries as well as our economy back home.
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and law Enforcement Affairs (INL), funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a nationwide criminal justice sector development program focused on institutional capacity building as well as training and mentoring in Kabul and key provinces, and utilizes international and Afghan Advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector institutions.The program has the following four sections:
*Case Management System Development
*Legislative Capacity Building
*Organizational Capacity Building
*Monitoring and Evaluation
POLICY AND PLANNING ADVISOR, OCB
Nationality: Local National (LN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan
Required Clearance: RSO Vetting/VSS-A
Tetra Tech, Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP), is seeking applications for Policy and Planning Advisor position at Organizational Capacity Building section under the supervision of Section Leader.
|Date Posted:||09 Jul 2018||Reference:||VA 18-033|
|Closing Date:||19 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist counterpart Afghan government officials to develop policies, strategies and planning systems
• Supervise, plan and conduct initial assessments of policy and planning functions in Afghan justice institutions
• Help develop training and mentoring programs on policy and planning functions for Afghan justice institution officials
• Conduct training and mentoring programs on policy and planning functions for Afghan justice institutions
• Help the Afghan justice institutions to devise effective mechanisms for implementation of their long term strategies
• Assist the Afghan justice institutions to conduct interdepartmental communication and coordination regarding policy and planning functions
• Help build Afghan justice institution capacity by establishing mentoring relationships with key Afghan officials involved in policy development and planning
• Develop and maintain expertise in policy development and planning within the Afghan Attorney General’s Office, the Ministries of Justice and Women’s Affairs, and the Supreme Court of Afghanistan
• Conduct necessary liaison with other relevant US Government, international and intergovernmental rule of law programs
• Help develop the professional skills of JSSP Afghan teammates
• Ensure the policy and planning departments of each Afghan justice institution is fully engaged in transition activities and building capacity and achieving self-sufficiency.
• Provide regular required reports on work activities and all other reports as required by JSSP leadership
• Perform any and all other duties as assigned by the OCB SL
• Conduct needs assessment on training needs
• Prepare and develop training curricula
• Conduct trainings in provinces to the government staff of related department or field
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in written with staff at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent written and oral English and Dari.
• Excellent computer skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with editing and proofreading the documents.
• Ability to build effective working relationships remotely and quickly.
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and identify an appropriate response to them.
• Deadline oriented.
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
• Development and management of an effective and motivated team.
• Ability to manage conflicts and balance a heavy workload.
• Minimum of five years of professional experience, preferably working with Afghan justice institutions on strategic planning and capacity building issues
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in law or in relevant field
• Demonstrated understanding of Afghan legal system
• Experience working with government ministries and justice institutions, including cultivating and maintaining relationships with key officials to facilitate collaboration and coordination
• Preferred experience developing and implementing training courses for government officials
• Experience working with and drafting reports for international donor projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Fluent in Dari/Pashto and English
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Law
Please submit the list of documents below to Applyjssp no later than July 19, 2018. The subject line must be (Policy and Planning Advisor - VA 18-033), otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
• Updated CV
• Cover letter, which demonstrates eligibility and interest (maximum one page).
No in-person appointments or phone calls will be entertained. Only selected qualified applicants will be contacted. Hard copy application package is not accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Legal and Policy Advisor at SGRP/MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Re-announced: Legal Expert (Design and Drafti.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|Technical Consultant For Legislation Departme.. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Legal Analyst at IDLO||Kabul||19 Jul 2018|
|Legal Specialist at IDLO||Kabul||19 Jul 2018|
|Staff Attorney at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|