Admin Officer(2247 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The Admin Assistant works directly under suppression of Admin coordinator to provide professional and timely administrative, logistical support. The post holder is responsible for the smooth running of day-to-day administration tasks in line with established policies and procedures.
|Date Posted:||09 Jul 2018||Reference:||VA-2018-42|
|Closing Date:||20 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and Supervision of Day-to-Day administration activities of Head Office and staff house.
• To be responsible for the establishment, maintenance, oversight of all office records, ordering and maintenance of office equipment; furniture; and supplies and make sure that those expenses are relevant and limited to the budget
• To ensure the rooms, bathrooms and kitchens in the Head office and Staff houses are properly cleaned.
• To ensure Head Office and Guest Houses generators are well maintained and fuel is managed efficiently (Fuel records and Consumption reports).
• Ensure that the office and guest houses are well maintained and any repairs are carried out promptly
• Ensure the office compound and guest house compounds are also well kept.
• To manage and support staff supervise support staff (Cleaners, cooks and drivers); and suggest ways for brining efficiency in their work.
• Provide timely and accurate report to line manager as per required
• To look after arrangement of personnel, vehicles, keys of the gates of the office, staff house, guest house, correspondence, and other files and keeping them proper and update manually and computerized
• Regular checking of Vehicle log books and checklist.
• To do proper filling of admin files hard and soft.
• To control the recording and updating inventory of the fixed assets of the offices, Guesthouses and in the field offices
• To look after providing, distributing and keeping proper balance and update of office stationary
• To look after arrangement of meetings, workshops, and conferences of the related office
• To ensure all legal obligation of Offices and guest house (lease agreement, maintenance contracts) are fulfilled and renewed in a timely manner
• To ensure that all utility bills (electricity, water, telephones and etc) are paid on.
• To ensure a healthy and safe working environment is provided to all staff.
• Ensure high standards of sanitation in the offices and houses
• To ensure a healthy and proper food and tea are served to staff
• Travel to field offices when necessary
• To perform any other related duties as required by the line manager.
1. To provide monthly report of tasks for line manager as per need.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline
Minimum 2 years of professional experience in Admin related field.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable conservation and rangeland expert with strong initiative, judgment, technical backstopping and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, team management, community sensitization skill and participatory natural resource management.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
• Proficiency in computer software including MS Office etc.
• Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
• Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
• A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
• Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
• Sensitivity to gender issues.
• Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
• Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active listener
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Please email a covering letter and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by 20-July 2018. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates
|More jobs in this category|
|Data Entry Operator at NETLINKS||Kabul||23 Nov 2018|
|Facility Management Assistant at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Nov 2018|
|Admin Officer at Baheer Group of Companies (BGC)||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|رئیس اداری وتدارکات at ATRA||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|
|کارمند تفتیش at ATRA||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|
|Helper at United Nations World Food Programme||Balkh||27 Nov 2018|
|Admin & Finance Officer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|باغبان at DABS/KBD||Kabul||21 Nov 2018|
|Inventory Officer at MAIL/CPMO||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Supply Clerk - (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Team Assistant (Secretary) at World Health Organization||Kunduz||18 Nov 2018|
|محافظ at DABS/KBD||Kabul||17 Nov 2018|
|Procurement /Administration Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|