HRDBS Coordinator - MRRD(886 Views)
About The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region. Drawing on 60 years of experience, the Foundation supports initiatives to improve governance, law and civil society; women's empowerment; economic reform and development; sustainable development and the environment; and international relations. The Asia Foundation has offices in 18 countries throughout Asia and is headquartered in San Francisco. In Afghanistan, the Foundation supports four primary themes: Governance and Law, Women’s Empowerment, Education, and Survey/Research and Knowledge Development.
In the Education department, the Foundation through the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is implementing a six-year umbrella project titled Strengthening Education in Afghanistan (SEA-II).
An activity in SEA-II is the strengthening of the Human Resource Development Board (HRDB) capacity. The mandate of HRDB is to serve as a forum for coordination of education and skills development programming among concerned six Government Ministries including a) Ministry of Education, b) Ministry of Higher Education, c) Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled, d) Ministry of Women’s Affairs, e) Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development, f) Ministry of Public Health, g) Ministry of Communication & Information Technology, h) Ministry of Refugees & Repatriation, and the Ministry of Finance. The overall aim of the HRDB is the prioritization of a set of policy reform issues that contribute to an overall improvement in access, retention, quality, and management of human development sector. To that end, the HRDB is concerned with strategic planning, policy debate, stakeholder consultation, as well as oversight of multi-agency / ministerial / department programming and evaluations concerning the development of Afghan Human Resources.
Each of the above ministries has an imbedded Coordinator to facilitate the work of HRDB. This position is imbedded in the Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development.
|Date Posted:||09 Jul 2018||Reference:||VA# 21/2018|
|Closing Date:||19 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Human Resource||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Deputy Minister Economic Analysis, Policy and Planning,
Deputy Minister Programs, General Directorate of Planning and Policy, General Directorate of Afghanistan Institute of Rural Development of the assigned ministry to identify and prioritize cross-sector opportunities for policy development and advocacy strategy Work;
• Review the Ministry’s strategic/operational plans and National Priority Program documents (Citizen’s Charter, ANPDF, WEE- NPP, AIRD) to develop a strong understanding on how the two are related;
• Facilitate the development and workings of inter and intra-ministry Technical Working Groups (TWGs) to draft synergistic policies and strategies for advocacy identified by the Steering Committee;
• Develop annual work plan, operational plans and develop quarterly meeting agendas and materials;
• Organize and facilitate monthly meetings with the TWGs of line ministries and draft the minutes of meeting plus encourage TWGs for their effective involvement in achieving the strategic goals of their respective ministry at the HRDB;
• Interpret/translate, when necessary, documents from local languages to English;
• Work with the other Coordinators from the different ministries to identify common ground and be able to look at the bigger picture that brings together common interests
• Support the Ministry on how to mainstream cross-cutting issues such as gender, counter-narcotics and anti-corruption into the implementation process for the Strategic Intent.
• Discuss and plan the execution of the tasks with the line ministries;
• Collect, analyze quantitative and qualitative data and develop comprehensive reports;
• Work closely with HRDBS Technical Assistant to provide input in keeping the HRDB web-site current and relevant; and
• Any other task assigned by Head of HRDB Secretariat.
1. A bachelor’s degree (Master Degree will be preferred) in Education, Public Administration, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or other relevant field;
2. A minimum of three years of experience in work related to work-force development;
3. Work experience with MRRD will be an asset;
4. Ability to plan and execute the tasks and communicate the tasks with the relevant team;
5. Ability to effectively communicate at middle and highest levels;
6. Excellent written and communication skills in English, Pashto / Dari
7. Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and ability to work with a diverse team of national and international staff and consultants;
8. Able to quickly join the organization;
9. Good skills in report writing and data analyze.
10. Provide relevant information and key documents and facilitate the liaison between the Coordinators and relevant unit of ministries;
11. Ability to conduct interviews with different units of the ministry; and
12. A computer skill of Ms. Office package is required.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter, contact details and completed Biodata 1420 form, no later than July 19, 2018 to submission email.
Applications without a completed Biodata 1420 form Attached is the form) will be automatically disqualified. Please clearly indicate the position and province applied for in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Performance Appraisal Officer at DABS||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|HR Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female HR Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|