Assistant Circulation Officer(523 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2018 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The Assistant Circulation Officer position in the Main library is responsible for contributing to the smooth operation of the library, providing excellent customer service to patrons, and participating in relevant aspects of internal library operations.
|Date Posted:||10 Jul 2018||Reference:||789|
|Closing Date:||24 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in daily operations of the library and all circulation desk services.
• Maintain coverage of the circulation desk; sometimes alone.
• Check circulating books and course reserves in/out.
• Respond to information queries, referring to supervisor as needed.
• Demonstrate the use of catalog and databases to patrons one-on-one.
• Return books to shelves and conduct regular shelf reading.
• Maintain the comfort and appearance of the Library; straighten chairs, tidy tables, turn AC/fans/lights on/off as needed.
• Maintain printer operation, including stocking paper and unjamming.
• Assist in opening and/or closing of Library.
• Track activities on in-house trackers.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicate directly with patrons in person and strive to completely respond to their needs in a professional manner; evaluating when to refer the patron to the supervisor.
• Handle upset patrons and patron disturbances in a professional manner; refer to supervisor as needed.
• Ensure accuracy and quality in all circulation services, especially with checking books in/out on the Koha system.
• Assist patrons with minor technology issues; refer to the supervisor or IT as needed.
• Participate in regular staff meetings, in-house staff trainings, and at least one library committee.
• Participate in outreach activities to faculty and students as assigned.
• Participate in textbook distribution and return as needed.
• Adhere to and implement library policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor, Assistant Director, or Director.
• The position requires the incumbent to reside in Afghanistan
• Bachelor’s degree with two years relevant experience or baccalaureate degree with four years relevant experience.
• Excellent proactive customer service attitude, always seeking the best way to help patrons
• Team spirit, able to work closely and collegially with Library team, follow and lead as needed
• Able to quickly learn and use new systems and procedures
• Attentive to details, able to spot and correct errors in shelving, patron records, and check in/out
• Excellent verbal and written English
• Strong computer skills, familiarity with MS Office and Internet applications (Google Mail and Calendar)
• Able to work on weekends and evenings, with variable hours as assigned
• Able to lift 12 kg
Afghanistan - Kabul
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document to below email address.
Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Assistant Circulation Officer” in the subject line of the email.
All applications must be submitted on or before July 24, 2018. After reviews of the applications, formal interviews for the finalists will be set up in the AUAF West campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Cook آشپز / at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Academic Records Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Jul 2018|
|Head of Admin / Operation at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) National Rur..||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Guard - Female at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|