Powered Support Systems Mechanial(13748 Views)
About Global Technology
Background and Introduction
Global Technology is an Afghan-owned company working in collaboration of Afghan Government and International agencies in different parts of Afghanistan.
Visits project sites and reports mechanical assessments of critical infrastructure on ANDSF facilities for the Afghanistan District’s efforts in support of the USACE Operations and Maintenance mission.
|Date Posted:||10 Jul 2018||Reference:||VA/0026/18|
|Closing Date:||21 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
a. Description of Duties:
1) Visits project sites and reports mechanical assessments of critical infrastructure on ANDSF facilities for the Afghanistan District’s efforts in support of the USACE Operations and Maintenance mission.
2) Serves as a journeyman, Powered Support Systems Mechanic, performing the full range of maintenance processes, including overhaul, testing and repair work on various mechanical equipment. Works all mechanical sub-systems related to Fuel Distribution System and Water Support System (WSS) Pumps, generators, internal combustion engines (gasoline, butane, diesel and multi-fuel). Types of equipment repaired include, but are not limited to pumps, Water Purification Units and fuel / water storage systems. Operates and repairs various generators and power distribution systems. Provides recommendations for maintenance overhaul, testing and repair of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic sub-systems. Conducts functional and performance tests on completed work which may involve troubleshooting, repairing, and load bank testing on major systems of the equipment.
3) Knowledge of Removing pumps and/or engines from frames. Knowledge of completely disassembling engines (air cooled and liquid cooled), pumps and trailer assemblies, determines the extent of repair and/or rebuild required: i.e., grinds valves, hones rods and cylinders, rod bearings, cam ignition and wiring. Knowledge to check, clean and repair spark plugs and injectors. Knowledge to check, repair and adjust timing, valves, distributors, coils, condensers, etc. Knowledge to reassemble engines or pumps, adjust and test, reinstall on equipment frames or skids.
4) Ability to perform inspection, modification, repair and troubleshooting of water purification equipment to include settling tanks, filter elements, surge pumps, hydro-chlorinators, and similar types of equipment. In addition, ability to accomplish repairs and maintenance such as replacing gaskets, bearings, piping, pump motors, and replacing packing.
5) Knowledge to perform major repairs and/or rebuild to combustion powered generators, compressors and other comparably complex components. Expertise in measuring and working to close tolerances, clearances, and specifications; fitting and installing needed components, such as pistons, valves, bearings, gears and cylinders, on precise clearances between moving parts.
6) Performs the full range of shop and field maintenance, repair and rebuild of mobile gasoline and diesel powered generators and engine units. Makes periodic operational checks of generating equipment and adjusts and repairs units in the field.
7) Inspects and tests equipment which will not operate or operates improperly. Tests circuits, checks control boxes, generators, distributors, motors; as well as magnetic, hydraulic, and pneumatic actuated electrical controls. Ability to repair and replace wiring; remove, test and repair/replace defective assemblies and parts; test, repair and adjust panel instruments: i.e., ammeters, oil pressure gauges, temperature gauges, tachometers, etc.
8) Assists with interviewing contractors, onsite local national Quality Assurance Representatives, end users or other recipients’ of USACE’s projects.
9) Provide translation services, oral and written for USACE staff, as needed.
10) Performs other duties as assigned
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
c. Required Skills:
1) Level 4 English ability (fluent) is required. Ability to speak and read Dari and Pashtu.
2) Thorough knowledge of the mechanical and electrical makeup and operation of water purification and powered support systems, including their major mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic components.
3) Thorough knowledge of the entire water treatment system and user requirements in order to locate problems and initiate adequate repairs.
4) Skill in troubleshooting and repairing diesel, gasoline and/or multi-fuel engines (overhauling those of 3 to 8 cylinders and up to 500 horsepower or making less extensive repairs to larger, more complex engines); ability to completely disassemble, reassemble, overhaul and adjust to specifications.
5) Skill in troubleshooting and repairing of mechanical systems with sensing and controlling devices and panels for engines and generators, e.g., overvoltage, under-voltage, over-frequency, under-frequency, over-temperature, fire detection and low oil pressure.
6) Ability to read and use technical manuals, illustrations, diagrams, schematics, and similar guides covering the complete assembly, troubleshooting, and layout of Army equipment and their sub-systems.
7) Knowledge of the basic principles being the operation of most of the following: AC and DC electric power generation systems; combustion powered reciprocating engines; multi-drive gear units; pneumatic and hydraulic systems; pressure regulators; and electrical switching, harness wiring, and metering systems.
8) Thorough knowledge of hazardous material handling and related activities.
9) Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
b. Educational and Experience Requirements:
1) Bachelor Degree.
2) Two years’ experience related to the above description of duties.
3) Provide appropriate documentation to confirm education and experience
Afghanistan - Logar: PROVINCIAL CENTER (PULLE-ALAM)
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
The application must comprise of one page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post attaching your CV to it. Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit their applications via e-mail to
Please note that applications received after the closing date (July 21,, 2018) will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Five Engineer, Five Technician, Five Electric.. at APEC||Multi Cities||15 Aug 2018|
|Solar System Engineer at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Construction Manager at (MCG ) Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||07 Aug 2018|
|Field Officer at DACAAR||Multi Cities||29 Jul 2018|
|Mechanical Engineer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|Mechanic (Generator Technician) at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|انجنیر امور فاضلاب at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and ..||Nangarhar||18 Jul 2018|
|انجنیر سروی at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corp..||Nangarhar||18 Jul 2018|
|Electrical Engineer/Solar Engineer at Jubaili Bros||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|
|Deputy Procurement Director at Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|Quality Control Engineer at Khan Group int'l||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|