Financial and Administrative Advisor(14563 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
The Ministry of Education (MoE) is the largest employer among governmental bodies of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, employing 65% of the civil service. In order to reach its goals and objectives, the MoE recruits employees through open competition and merit-based selection; consequently enhancing civil service capacity and strengthening the current system of governance.
Afghanistan is one of the poorest countries in the world, ranking as the 18th least developed country on the Human Development Index. According to the National Risk and Vulnerability Assessment (ALCS, 2013-14), 39% of the Afghan population lives below the poverty line. Thirty years of conflict have resulted in the destruction of the country’s education system in terms of infrastructure, resources and curricula (NVRA, 2011-12). Following the Back-to-School Campaign in 2002, school enrolment has registered a dramatic increase. In the primary and secondary sub-sector, enrolment increased from around 900,000 children, in 2001, almost all boys, to over 8.6 million in 2013, of which 39% are girls.
Despite significant progress, access to education continues to be a challenge in Afghanistan. An estimated 3.5 million children of primary school age remain out of school, the majority of them being girls (75%). A combination of demand-side, supply-side, and systemic barriers and bottlenecks have been identified as reasons for children being out of school.
Overall, the purpose of the technical assistance is to support the MoE and especially H.E the Minister of Education in achieving the results set out in the National Education Strategic Plan 2017-2021 (NESP III). This will include supporting the identification and design of new projects, proposal writing, programmatic monitoring and evaluation, and donor relationship management.
The incumbent should be able to led project and program design, and oversight, as well as operate technically at country and or departmental level independently. The incumbent should be aware of the relevant evidence in their technical area and be able to provide sound technical advice, support, and leadership of technical discussions.
|Date Posted:||11 Jul 2018||Reference:||MoE/MO/NTA/002|
|Closing Date:||17 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
The key tasks of the Financial and Administrative Advisor are as follows:
• Responsible for financial tracking and analysis, as well as contributing to policy development and appraisal.
• Assesses the validity, reliability, and relevance of research and gives objective evidence-based advice.
• Responsible for leading the design, delivery, and associated evaluation of projects, especially of their technical content.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of relevant policies and stakeholder engagement during development and implementation of policies.
• Assesses and proposes responses to strategic risks in light of MoE objectives.
• Responsible for providing technical advice on the standards expected in the execution, analysis, recording, and tracking of MoE financial systems.
• Oversees financial controls and management processes in relevant MoE projects.
• Supports adoption of best financial practices vis-a-vis external donors, partners, and beneficiaries.
• Ensures that any commissioned evaluation meets quality standards, that findings are discussed, and – if relevant – that the research influences program/sector decisions.
• Close monitoring all the school construction projects of the MoE in Kabul and provinces and if required physical visits to the construction sites.
• Ensures that structures are in place to regularly bring key stakeholders together for discussions.
• Proactively follows up and keeps track of projects, contracts, accountable grants, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) deadlines, and payment milestones.
• Provides coaching/training to MoE staff to improve practical knowledge.
• Ensures transparency requirements are met.
• Performs any other task assigned by H.E. the Minister’s Office.
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Financial Management or equivalent.
• At least 7 years of relevant working experience with a bachelor’s degree, 5 years of relevant experience with a Master’s degree (preferred).
• Experience in a government ministry, the education sector, and/or project management (essential).
• Experience in general administration, finance, and accounting (essential).
• Experience in managing a range of support demands from several colleagues or team members (essential).
• Demonstrated experience in procurement, preparation of financial reports, and budget variance analysis.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills (essential).
• High level of integrity, strong result orientation, drive for excellence, and initiative.
• Strong organizational and effective time management skills (essential).
• Strong ICT skills, including the MS Office software package – Word, Excel, Outlook (essential).
• Excellent knowledge of financial and accounting software.
• Excellent writing and presentational skills (essential).
• Understanding of education development terminology (essential).
• Personnel management skills. An ability to delegate, follow up, supervise, and support.
• Fluency in spoken and written English as well as Dari or Pashto (essential).
• Ability to work in a team as well as under own initiative (essential).
• Tact and diplomacy at all times (essential).
• Understanding of the Islamic faith and Afghan culture.
• Commitment to Afghanistan’s development.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to:
HRMU, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
Deh Afghanan, Ministry of Education, 4th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
no later than 16th July 2018, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to the below email.
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email. However, do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters and etc. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with and called for the test and interview. The test & interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the shortlisted candidates only sooner after the deadline of the vacancy announcement.
Ministry of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MoE does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Candidates with disabilities and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Financial Reform Specialist at Ministry of Industry & Commerce||Kabul||24 Feb 2019|
|Finance Associate at United Nations World Food Programme||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Financial Accountant at Smart Telecom Co, Ltd||Kabul||19 Apr 2019|
|کارمند عواید آبرسانی زون.. at Afghanistan Urban Wate..||Balkh||27 Feb 2019|
|Finance Officer to PPG Project at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||03 Mar 2019|
|Acquisition & Assistance (A&A) Assistant-FSN-.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Finance Assistant (LICA) Level 4 at World Health Organization||Kabul||25 Feb 2019|
|آمر عواید at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Corporat..||Kabul||03 Mar 2019|
|Admin/Finance Officer at Afghanistan Banks Association||Kabul||10 Mar 2019|
|Finance Officer - مسول مالی at Emaad Private High School||Kabul||05 Mar 2019|
|National Financial Analyst at Food and Agriculture Organization of the Un..||Herat||28 Feb 2019|
|Book Keeper/Accountant at Silkroad Mining||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Finance Officer at Aziz Group||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Finance Officer at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|Financial Management Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Senior Finance Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 May 2019|