Petroleum and Gas Engineer to MoMP/LSMU(13761 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulations and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Large Scale Mining Unit (LSMU) recently established as coordination unit in Ministry of Mines and petroleum under direct supervision of Mines Cadastre directorate. Large Scale Mining Unit determines, controls, and maintains the standards and processes related to large scale mining contracts management system provide technical support for the implementation of large scale mining contracts to Mines and Cadastre directorate of MoMP.
The overall goal of LSMU is to manage all large scale mining contract activities systematically and efficiently in order to increase research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons as safely and economically as possible.
The PSU is now seeking well qualified individual for the position of Petroleum and Gas Engineer to work in LSMU at MoMP.
The Petroleum and Gas Engineer will carry out Evaluation of technical proposals of interested companies which are submitted to the LSMU, and report to the Head of Committee about the Evaluation results. He or she will assist the LSMU members with technical consultancy in overall process of Hydrocarbon Contracts awarding.
|Date Posted:||11 Jul 2018||Reference:||MoMP/PSU- Petroleum and Gas Engineer (LSMU)|
|Closing Date:||24 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. Coordinate and manage preparation of technical reports for oil and gas resources in coordination with relevant experts and departments.
3. Work on formulation and preparation of legal tender documents in conjunction with legal department and cadastre.
4. Create and manage the process for project development and launching the tenders for large scale oil and gas reserves.
5. Find the legal, policy and procedural barriers within the oil and gas sector and giving recommendations to the relevant departments and other external organizations.
6. Work closely with Large Scale Mining Unit and other relevant exploration and geological programs to gather the relevant geological and exploration information in relation to the projects development plan.
7. Collaborate with senior management and other team members to define issues, scope the initiatives and create appropriate work plans.
8. Developing and supporting productive relationships with the community, local business, and other levels of government and key stakeholders to strengthen the capability of Oil and Gas Project Development GIRoA’s vision.
9. Ensure that projects can be practically applied and seek best value using available and emerging technologies.
10. Actively work to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders including government agencies, regional bodies, key industries and business organizations.
11. Any other activities as assigned by supervisor according to laws and regulations.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Adaptability to corporate setting is a must.
• Strong negotiation and client management skills.
• The ability and desire to complete projects within deadlines.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• The incumbent should have sound presentation skills and ability to present to a large group of audience (national and international).
• The incumbent should be able to manage and work in working groups
• The incumbent should be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
• Bachelor degree in Petroleum Engineering and any other related fields.
• At least 4 years of work experience in relevant fields.
• Fluency in English, Dari, Pashto languages and Microsoft Office programs.
• The Incumbent should have sound knowledge of the extractive sector
• The Incumbent should have strong written and oral communication and other interpersonal skills.
• The incumbent should be able to represent MoMP in intra-government and non-government meetings, conference etc.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Technical
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 24/July/ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ Petroleum and Gas Engineer to LSMU must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!