Academic Records Officer(549 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2018 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The Registrar’s Department is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time position as Academic Records Officer based in Kabul.
General Position Summary:
General Objective: The Mission of the Registrar’s Office is to assist students in achieving their educational goals at AUAF by maintaining and providing accurate records, by providing an effective registration process, and by evaluating students’ academic progress according to established curricular requirements in compliance with academic policies.
Mission of the position (overall goal): The mission of the Academic Records Officer is to develop effective communication system with students, faculty, and staff. The Academic Records Officer oversees the effective delivery of student records documentation (Transcripts, enrollment verification, diplomas) on behalf of students and alumni. The Academic Records Officer will also ensure smooth registration process and assistant for students.
The Academic Records Officer oversees all external communication functions of the Registrar’s Office, particularly with students, alumni, and ministries, on behalf of the office staff. The Academic Records Officer proactively addresses student service needs, using both traditional (in-person/phone/email/print) and emerging technologies (online request plans), and directs questions to colleagues for a response as needed.
|Date Posted:||11 Jul 2018||Reference:||790|
|Closing Date:||25 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Academic Records Officer’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Serve as primary point of contact for Registrar’s office by greeting and providing assistance and referrals to students and prospective students, faculty, staff, administrators and other visitors who communicate with the office in person or by phone, or email; manages Registrar’s office email inbox and assist other office staff by responding in a timely manner to office of communications.
• Work with other offices to order office supplies and coordinate classroom activities
• Perform registration, student record updates, and other data maintenance and reporting processes in PowerCAMPUS
• Coordinate production of transcripts upon student’s request
• Creation and maintenance of all student’s paper files/records
• Draft letters for the various ministries for student verification and/or accreditation purposes
• Assist with commencement ceremonies
• Serve in academic related capacities as needed or directed by the university
• Assist with registration questions from students and staff
• Clerical duties involved with registration paperwork from students and staff
• Receiving and sending students records to various departments
• Assist in data verification for institutional reports
• Performing other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• The position requires the incumbent to reside in Afghanistan
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Understanding of relational database, preferably power CAMPUS, including use of data to derive communication with university employees and students
• Welcoming attitude, cooperative spirit, and eagerness to help others
• Critical thinking skills with ability to identify solutions and systematize processes
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly work and outlook
• Effective communicator with interpersonal and communication skills to interact verbally and in writing with divers constituencies, including students, faculty, and administrators; to facilitate teamwork among staff and in committees, and to foster effective working relationship externally with schools, colleges, organizations, ministries and agencies
• Requires a high level of confidentiality
Attitude and demeanor for the office of the Registrar employees:
As part of a work environment that highly values a student centric model, educational excellence, and service to students, all members of the office will;
• Publicly support the mission of AUAF
• Communicate effectively with understanding as s/he deals with administrative colleagues, teachers, students, parents, faculty, personnel and program associates
• Work as a team member in a professional environment
• Possess a “service attitude” (Willingness to be flexible to meet the needs of the departments)
• Have a professional physical appearance (appropriate clothing)
Afghanistan - Kabul
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document to below email address.
Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Academic Records Officer” in the subject line of the email.
All applications must be submitted on or before July 25, 2018. After reviews of the applications, formal interviews for the finalists will be set up in the AUAF.
|More jobs in this category|
|Cook آشپز / at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Assistant Circulation Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Head of Admin / Operation at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) National Rur..||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Guard - Female at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|