PRIVATE SECTOR DEVELOPMENT CASE OFFICER(997 Views)
DAI is implementing the USAID funded program Women in the Economy (WIE) across the five major population centers in the regional economic zones (Kabul, Mazar, Heart, Jalalabad and Kandahar) in Afghanistan. The primary objective of Women in the Economy is to enable educated Afghan women from age 18 to increase their participation in the mainstream, formal economy by securing employment with advancement potential, and helping eligible businesses grow their revenue and become more profitable in the future.
The Private Sector Development Case Officer will have primary responsibility in central region for building a network of private sector stakeholders, focusing on private businesses, for referring businesses for participation in WIE activities and overseeing their participation.
S/he will be the key link between the PSD team in Kabul and the beneficiaries of WIE programming in central (Kabul) region. In conjunction with the Kabul team, s/he will implement PSD activities, make recommendations for new programming and provide feedback on existing.
|Date Posted:||11 Jul 2018||Reference:||DAI/WIE|
|Closing Date:||18 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Private Sector Dev||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• Builds and maintains a network of PSD stakeholders in the region, primarily focusing on private businesses and professional service providers (bookkeepers, accountants, web designers, consultants, etc.);
• Has primary responsibility in the region for implementation of WIE’s PSD activities to support micro, small and medium enterprises. Provides feedback to Kabul HQ staff and makes recommendations for required changes or suggestions for new activities;
• Assist potential clients with drafting applications for implemented PSD activities;
• Investigates the capacities of business services providers and other professional service providers in region; where appropriate matches providers with target businesses;
• Outreach and identify potential clients for WIE services in the region; and
• Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelors’ degree with 4 years’ experience relevant or over all 7 years Over working with private businesses or for the private sector with other donor agencies.
2. Bachelors in relevant areas of study will be preferred. More years of work experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree.
3. Strong team player, who brings innovative thinking, initiative, and a results and customer service oriented approach to the work.
4. Strong network of private sector contacts in the region, including active business organizations, financial institutions, professional service providers and business owners.
5. Demonstrated familiarity with constraints faced by women-owned and/or majority women enterprises in Afghanistan, donor-funded programs and existing resources to assist those businesses.
6. Able to travel as needed.
7. Excellent communication skills.
8. Fluency in English and strong computer (Microsoft) skills required.
• The position reports to the Senior Regional Manager of Central Region
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include PSD Case Officer in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!