Health and Safety Coordinator(1269 Views)
-These are exciting times for the First MicroFinance Bank (the FMFB-A). Started in 2004 as a regulated bank with a focus on Micro Finance, the Bank is now expanding into Consumer, SME & Corporate Banking. At the same time, the bank is heavily investing in supporting technologies to make our strategy happen. We are a bank in transformation on all fronts!
Over 1,000 employees serve & delight our customers and commit their time & talent to help the FMFB-A becomes the best bank in Afghanistan. Now we are looking for your talent.
This position will lead the Occupational Health and Safety Unit within FMFB Safety and Security Department.
The incumbent will be expected to:
1. Co-ordinate FMFB’s approach to the development and implementation of Health & Safety and Injury Management systems.
2. Ensure the provision of health and safety services are aligned with legislative requirements and the expectations of management team, business and operational plans.
3. Promote an FMFB culture and practices, which create a work environment that provides for the health and safety of FMFB staff, contractors, volunteers and the public.
4. Provide policy direction for the health and safety function.
|Date Posted:||12 Jul 2018||Reference:||FMFB-HR-0088-2018|
|Closing Date:||22 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Implement Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) in FMFB in line with FMFB OH&S policy, code of conduct and code of practice manual.
2. Communicate and coordinate OH&S (Occupational Health & Safety) procedures, policies and systems on daily basis to all FMFB staff, customers, interns, consultants and visitors to all FMFB branches and head office.
3. Oversee and collaborate with designated branch and head office safety personnel to identify and remedy unsafe working conditions.
4. Conduct regular walk through inspections and audits of branches and head office; this includes weekly branch inspections, monthly equipment checks (fire ext, first aid kits, tools, etc.), and regular spot checks. Spot Checks should include random checks on pre trips, worker knowledge on OH&S, policies and procedures, safety equipment and PPE.
5. Investigate all accidents, incidents and near misses alongside the Security Director. If the Security Director is unavailable, you will be required to conduct investigation to the best of your ability.
6. Complete all paperwork and official reports efficiently and in a timely manner. Ensure the Security Director has approved of corrective actions and signed off. Ensure appropriate corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
7. Accompany all safety and health inspectors on walk through tours; and ensure all documentation is completed according to FMFB safety processes and procedures.
9. Participate in daily project safety meetings if related to relocation of FMFB branches. This may involve you creating and leading the meetings.
10. Develop instructive weekly toolbox talks and present to FMFB staff.
11. Run regular drills at branches and the head office; Emergency Response, Safety, Equipment Practice etc.
12. Collaborate with Security Director, branch and head office safety representatives in reviewing all safety documentation to ensure all required records and reports are complete, accurate, and submitted timely.
13. Assist the FMFB branch safety representatives with executing the safety program, which includes training, orientations and drills.
14. Assist in making safety a behavior not just policy.
15. Follow through with injury management and investigation.
16. Assist branch and branch safety representatives wherever possible.
17. Report daily to the Security Director with site progress, upcoming vents, H&S issues and positive feedback.
18. Review subcontractor procedures carrying out work on FMFB branches or head office as required.
19. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Afghan OH&S legislation and codes of practice.
20. Encourage and educate employees to take precautions and adhere to safety rules to protect themselves and the equipment they use from damage
1. Must possess a Degree of Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety. Industry certifications with measurable work experience may be considered in lieu of Degree or Diploma.
2. Minimum 3 -5 years of experience as an Safety Coordinator, preferably in the banking industry.
3. Possess current and valid Health and Safety designation issued from an accredited organization such as IOSH.
4. Qualified in First Aid at Work or Level 3 First Aid (an asset).
5. Comprehensive knowledge of OH&S regulations.
6. Builds productive relationships with HSE and operations. Is seen as a cooperative and supportive team player to achieve team goals and objectives.
7. Strong computer background including experience with MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
8. A self-starter and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
9. Highly proficient communicator (both verbal/written) in both English and Dari.
10. Possess demonstrable problem solving and organizational skills.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for the job, please send us your resume via email no later than 22nd July 2018. Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy number as subject line.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the requirements of the post will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Deputy Branch Manager at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Balkh||28 Feb 2019|
|IT&C.B.S Internal Audit Officer at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Card Management Officer(Alternative Delivery .. at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||22 Feb 2019|
|ATM Technical Support Officer at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|Chief Risk Officer at Arian Bank||Kabul||27 Feb 2019|
|Corporate Secretary at Ghazanfar Bank||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|