Compliance Officer(580 Views)
-These are exciting times for the First Microfinance Bank (the FMFB-A). Started in 2004 as a regulated bank with a focus on Micro Finance, the Bank is now expanding into Consumer and Corporate Banking. At the same time, the bank is heavily investing in supporting technologies to make our strategy happen. We are a bank in transformation on all fronts!
Over a 1,000 employees serve & delight our customers and commit their time & talent to help the FMFB-A become the best bank in Afghanistan. Now we are looking for your talent.
The Compliance officer will be responsible for ensuring that all FMFB operations are in full accordance with the internal policies and procedures enforced by the bank. Simultaneously compliance officer’s duties will also include assuring that all internal FMFB-A Compliance policies and procedures particularly regarding AML, CFT and KYC are in accordance with the requirement of the Laws enforced by the Government of Afghanistan and Da Afghanistan Bank. The focus of compliance on both internal and external policies will remain primarily on the AML, CFT and KYC requirements.
|Date Posted:||12 Jul 2018||Reference:||FMFB-HR-0089-2018|
|Closing Date:||22 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure that all new and existing customers are fulfilling the documentation requirements of the bank.
2. Ensure that customer transactions must have supporting documentation along with transactions purpose and source of the fund, especially for high-risk customers as well as their country of origin.
3. Review new account customer files within the bank for completion and legality of their documentation, determine identity and maintain risk profile, background and business records of all customers particularly PEPs and checking customers in blacklists accordingly.
4. Re categorize risk profile of the customers based on their monthly turnover and type of business Activities.
5. Assist SWIFT Sr. Compliance officer for verification and monitoring of daily SWIFT transfers for the purpose of identifying potential suspicious activities and transactions, including all domestic interbank transfers and Afghanistan clearing settlement system (ACSS).
6. Monitor and follow up all existing account files which are already reviewed / noted by compliance and ensure that the missing information/documents noted by compliance are completed by CB accordingly.
7. Monitor and follow up the KYC updating records and ensure that the existing Customers KYC forms are exactly and timely updated in accordance with the requirement of the bank AML/CFT Policy and Procedure in CB.
8. Follow up all existing account files which are already reviewed / noted by compliance and ensure that the missing information/documents noted by compliance are completed accordingly.
9. Ensure the required new documents are obtained while changes of signatories, occupations, type of businesses, passport expired, license expired and visa expired.
10. Investigates in case of suspected activities and transactions of the customers throughout FMFB A as appropriate.
11. Carry out any other tasks as given by Compliance Manager / Chief Compliance officer
1. Working knowledge of financial institution’s policies and procedures;
2. Demonstrated knowledge of Afghan bank laws and regulations;
3. The ability to understand and apply banking regulations, interpret government financial regulations and legal documents.
4. Ability to proactively deal with any regulatory issues
5. Strong presentation and leadership skills;
6. Ability to effectively report information and respond to managers, customers and write procedure manuals as requested
7. High ethical standards and integrity in professional dealings.
8. Commitment to identifying compliance solutions that meet business needs while ensuring adherence to applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Banking Business related field or law degree or higher.
2. 3-5 years’ experience as a compliance officer in a financial institution.
3. 2-3 years’ experience in commercial banking related activities.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for the job, please send us your resume via email no later than 22nd July 2018. Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy number as subject line.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the requirements of the post will be contacted
|More jobs in this category|
|Loan Recovery Officer at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Assistant Manager Compliance at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Cheif Risk Officer at Arian Bank||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|Deputy Chief Credit Officer (CCO) at Arian Bank||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|IP Camera CCTV Assistant(مامور کمره.. at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Teller for (Nimruz Branch) at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Nimruz||27 Jul 2018|
|Teller for (Islamic Banking Window) at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|(عضو حفظیه (نمایندگی ننگر.. at Pashtany Bank||Nangarhar||25 Jul 2018|
|مسؤل آمریت بررسی داخلی(Int.. at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||30 Jul 2018|
|Customer Service Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Balkh||25 Jul 2018|
|صراف Teller (Main Branch) at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|Network Security Officer at FMFB||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Teller/صراف (Macroryan Branch) at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Deputy Branch Manager at FMFB||Kabul||26 Jul 2018|
|Health and Safety Coordinator at FMFB||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Credit Risk Analyst at FMFB||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Treasury Officer at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|BoS (Board of Supervisors) at Ghazanfar Bank||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|