Radio Assistant Producer(1219 Views)
About BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action uses media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing countries. To achieve this, we partner with civil society, local media and governments to strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity, and producing creative television, radio and digital outputs which inform and engage audiences around key development issues.
Purpose of Job
The Assistant Producer will work as a member of a small busy and creative team to help produce Ghamai, a studio based presenter-led factual radio show with location based inserts, special guests, debates and a very popular drama section. You will be responsible for supporting the Producers and Editor on researching new stories, reporting, and editorial content, program development, organising and preparing for studio and location features, booking studio guests, interviewing, sound editing and getting totally involved in the technical production of the weekly 30 minutes products. Production and pre-recorded inserts are written, presented and produced in Pashto.
The Radio Assistant Producer will support the social media output of the project, helping to create content and monitor audience engagement. He/she will maintain all production information for the productions, including contact details, transport logistics and correspondence from audiences. The post is based in Kabul, with some national travel.
|Date Posted:||12 Jul 2018||Reference:||VA 30/2018|
|Closing Date:||20 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Media||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the Editor and Producers in all planning tasks of the weekly show.
• Work with the Producers to develop high quality creative radio ideas.
• Program research, booking studio guests.
• Help format and write the program scripts.
• Where relevant, to co present the reports in the Pashto language.
• Record, mix and deliver pre-recorded insert packages.
• Professionally operate a range of audio equipment to the highest BBC standards.
• Maintain all studio and location audio recording equipment.
• Assist in ensuring production safety, including involvement in preparation of risk assessments for location travel.
• Participate in training and mentoring from BBC Media Action’s Health Advisers to gain knowledge of and skills in health communication; childhood vaccination; and polio
• Contribute editorial ideas for the show during weekly planning meetings.
• Ensure all audience communication is answered in a timely manner.
• Support the updating of social media content for the series.
• Support other teams in the production of other project media outputs where necessary.
• Other duties as required by programme and project demands.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Essential skills and experience
• Fluent in Pashto (written and spoken), with a strong working knowledge of Dari.
• Good working knowledge of written and spoken English.
• University degree or similar third level education qualification.
• Experience in radio production, ideally including experience in working on factual entertainment programs within the studio and on location.
• Developed technical production skills including editing radio packages and operating studio and location recording equipment.
• Experience in researching and identifying program contributors and interviewees.
• A good broadcasting voice.
• Very good planning and organizing skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Clear understanding of the aims and values of BBC Media Action and an awareness of the development goals of our programming.
• Evidence of good technical skills and understanding of radio production technology.
• Skilled in using all Microsoft Office applications.
Desirable skills and experience
• Good editorial judgement and ability to apply BBC Media Action editorial and production guidelines.
• Experience in applying health and safety regulations to program making.
• Basic experience of photo and video production methods including photo taking, video recording and editing.
• Awareness of BBC Editorial Guidelines and ability to put these into practice.
• Experience in developing content for social media specially Facebook.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Media
Interested qualified female or male Afghan national’s candidates should submit their CV with cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the post to:
Please remember to mention the position title in the subject line of your e-mails.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
The applications may not be accepted later than 20 July 2018.
|More jobs in this category|
|Website Officer at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children||Kabul||27 Feb 2019|
|Motion Graphic Designer at MOBY Group||Kabul||20 Mar 2019|
|Animator at MOBY Group||Kabul||20 Mar 2019|
|PRINT TRAINER / INTERPRETER at NATO Afghanistan - Resolute Support||Kabul||11 Mar 2019|