SENIOR ACCESS TO FINANCE ADVISOR(518 Views)
DAI is implementing the USAID funded program Promote: Women in the Economy (WIE) throughout Afghanistan. The objective of this project is to enable Afghan women to increase their participation in the mainstream, formal economy by securing employment with advancement potential and by helping women-owned businesses or businesses that employ women to grow.
WIE’s Private Sector Development [PSD] component has been charged with growing revenues through innovative approaches to private sector development. Innovation will require thinking about private sector development in a new way and working with non-traditional partners in addition to leveraging other donor projects. New solutions may be found anywhere, including private sector solutions to changes in developed markets.
Senior Access to Finance Advisor will be in-charge of the PSD component Access to Finance portfolio, on the whole. The individual will constantly interact with microfinance institutions, commercial banks, other stakeholders, and with other PSD component managers and regional offices of WIE to work on identifying new initiatives, manage the current access to finance portfolio, and work with WIE client businesses to help increase access to finance for WIE client businesses.
|Date Posted:||12 Jul 2018||Reference:||DAI/WIE|
|Closing Date:||23 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• Manage the current WIE’s portfolio of access to finance, currently 4 activities in the portfolio;
• Track, document, and constantly update all the microfinance institutions’ and commercial banks’ various loan products on offer to private businesses;
• Give timely instructions and technical advisory to PSD component team and regional teams in working with WIE client businesses on subject of access to finance;
• Assess and review capacity of WIE client businesses that wish to apply for some loan;
• Propose new initiatives to facilitate access to finance through WIE or in collaboration with other stakeholders;
• Assist WIE on conducting researches, surveys and other studies on the subject matter;
• Serve as deputy for PSD component Team Lead;
• Other activities assigned by PSD component Team Lead.
• Minimum five years of experience working with commercial banks, SME financing, microfinance institutions and/or international development program to improve access to finance with a master’s degree, preferably in banking or finance, business administration, economics, commerce; or, 10 year experience with bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, economics, or commerce.
• Good understanding of conventional and Islamic financial products.
• Entrepreneurial, willing to take calculated risk.
• Able to work independently and take responsibility for translating concepts into implementable activities.
• Good networker, ideally with well-established network in commercial banks, microfinance institutions and private sector in general.
• Able to focus on project objectives and work collaboratively toward the goals
• Fluency in English is required.
• Demonstrated familiarity with constraints faced by women-owned and/or majority women enterprises in Afghanistan on areas of access to finance.
• Ability to travel to regional offices – Mazar, Jalalabad, Kandahar, and Herat.
• The position reports to the PSD Component Team Lead
Master's degree, preferably in banking or finance, business administration, economics, commerce
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Masters Degree, Account/Finance
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include SENIOR ACCESS TO FINANCE ADVISOR in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
|Internal Audit Specialist at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Cashier at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Finance Manager at OXUS Consulting Group||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Accountant at Abdul Majeed Ali Uhaul Ltd||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|Finance SME at MOIA||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Internal Audit Finance / Procurement Manager at AFTEL||Kabul||21 Jul 2018|
|Financial and Administrative Advisor at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||17 Jul 2018|
|Sr. Finance Assistant/Cash Custodian at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) N..||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|مدیر عمومی حواله جات at Capital Region Independent Devel..||Kabul||17 Jul 2018|
|Assistant Manager Finance at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|GP Assistant at DABS||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|Tax Accounting Officer at DABS||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|Finance Officer at ASERD/MRRD||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|Finance Assistant at ASERD/MRRD||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|Audit Officer at Alfalah Consulting Service (ACSC)||Kabul||17 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|