Radio Operator(930 Views)
About United Nations World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. In 2014, WFP fed over 3.6 million vulnerable Afghans and our operations include: capacity building, Purchase of Progress (P4P), Food Voucher, Food for Assets, Food for Work, Food for Training, Food for Education, Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition and Emergency Relief. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters.
This position is based in Kabul Country Office. Job holder will be based in Radio Rooms and reports to an Information Technology Officer or the designate.
At this level, job holder works in a team under minimal supervision and is expected to produce organised and accurate reports and technical work. As required, he/she may work with UNDSS Radio Room, especially in case of security incidents. This job may require to work different shifts and report for duty on short notice.
|Date Posted:||12 Jul 2018||Reference:||85606|
|Closing Date:||23 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Hardware||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||12 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate with WFP Security staff and/or UNDSS Radio Room, to facilitate accurate and efficient security-related information flow following established standard operating procedures.
2. Responsible for monitoring and channelling all radio communications including tracking of WFP vehicle and staff movement, to ensure efficient 24-hour coverage of telecommunications services.
3. Produce regular and ad hoc reports including daily radio checks, and assist in preparation and dispatch of the summary of security incidents and other information to staff, to facilitate accurate, efficient and concise communication and information flow.
4. Provide efficient support and training to users on telecommunications equipment and procedures including Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) requirements, to ensure effective use of telecommunications equipment.
5. Maintain inventory and provide recommendations for potential improvements, to support efficient planning and keep WFP telecommunications equipment operational.
6. Create and maintain databases (e.g. lists of call signs, addresses, telephone numbers, wardens, etc.), to ensure accurate information is available at all times.
7. Follow established emergency response processes and procedures, to ensure prompt assistance in case of emergencies.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Good knowledge in the telecommunication operations and procedures and high standard computer literacy.
• Ability to operate and maintain telecommunications equipment including installation works.
• Good communication skills; ability to provide short briefings and communications clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to multi-task, and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to demanding job requirements.
• Ability to prioritize a heavy workload, demonstrate judgement, initiative, alertness and emotional stability, especially in emergency situations.
• Good coordination and control skills to act swiftly and adequately in case of emergencies and resolve operational issues promptly.
• High sense of discretion and integrity.
• Client orientation and ability to establish effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
• Ability to work in a team.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Technical training in communication equipment or other work related areas.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in telecommunications/radio operations, information technology, or other relevant field of work.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and in Dari and/or Pashto;
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
High School, IT - Hardware
Afghan Nationals meeting the essential qualifications of the position are invited to apply by submitting a letter of interest and an updated CV and P11 form. Please click on the links provided in order to submit your online application through the WFP E-recruitment portal. Please note that application submitted via email or hardcopy will not be given any consideration.
To apply, please click or cut and past the following link in your browser: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=85606&company=C0000168410P&username;=
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Network Engineer at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|
|متخصیص شبکه at MoLSAMD/E-Governance||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|