Production Manager(942 Views)
About BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action uses media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing countries. To achieve this, we partner with civil society, local media and governments to strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity, and produce creative media outputs which inform and engage audiences around key development issues.
Overall Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Head of Production, the Production Manager will help develop and produce a new pilot show based around health and polio for a rural female audience. She/he will be involved in the creation of a new show for radio and web television. Must have strong interest in the topic, help find presenters and contributors, oversee the logistics, budget, pre production and production of a new pilot show. They have to make a positive contribution to the editing and scheduling, ensuring that the Head of Production is fully informed of programme equipment and travel arrangements, as well as the safety on the studio or on the location set.
|Date Posted:||13 Jul 2018||Reference:||32/2018|
|Closing Date:||20 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Media||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Main duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee the production logistics and scheduling of the new radio and web television production in close liaison with the Head of Production and Logistics and Security Manger.
• Take overall responsibility for the production systems and resources used in the making of the products and maximize their use effectively.
• Develop production plans for the pilot and produce all required paperwork including contacts lists, production schedules, call sheets and risk assessments.
• Manage production budgets effectively and undertake financial monitoring and reporting, to ensure effectiveness and value for money.
• Ensure the production adheres to BBC editorial guidelines and values and the BBC’s best practices.
• Ensure compliance of the new productions with BBC Media Action best practice for finance and administration.
• Working with the Logistics and Security Manger, help to maintain and ensure that BBC Health and Safety guidelines are observed throughout the debate production; that staff are trained and briefed to manage risk and support others to take appropriate measures to minimize exposure to perceived risks in Afghanistan.
• Ensure systems are in place to manage production resources including all production equipment and edit facilities.
• To advise and support the Head of Production to manage risk related to production.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Essential skills and experience
• Significant experience in production managing television or radio programmes in studio and on location.
• Experience in overseeing the health and safety of production teams, technical teams and audiences in television radio and on-line programme recordings.
• A track record of managing production resources effectively.
• Proven experience in managing production budgets effectively and to targets.
• A good understanding of the broadcasting industry in Afghanistan and the technologies being used in programme making.
• A proven track record of working with diverse teams.
• Fluent in Dari or Pashto, with a strong working knowledge of the second language.
• Good working knowledge of English.
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
• Editorial Judgement – demonstrates balanced and objective judgement based on a thorough understanding of editorial guidelines, target audience, programme and department objectives. Makes the right editorial decisions, taking account of conflicting views where necessary.
• Planning and organisation - able to think ahead in order to establish and efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources.
• Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
• Communication - able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
• Managing relationships and team working - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
• Creative Thinking – is able to transform creative ideas/impulses into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
• Resilience - manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
• Flexibility - adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Media
• Submission Guideline:
Interested qualified female or male Afghan national’s candidates should submit their CV with cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the post to:
• Please remember to mention the position title in the subject line of your e-mails.
• Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
• The applications may not be accepted later than 20 July 2018.
|More jobs in this category|
|Creative Director at Rumi Consultancy||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Digital English Manager at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||21 Nov 2018|
|Journalism Expert/Trainer at Nai-Supporting Open Media in Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2018|
|Ananlytics Officer at MOBY Group||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|RADIO ANNOUNCER / TRANSLATOR at NATO Afghanistan - Resolute Support||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|media officer at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Prodcution Assistant at KaPUL Group Of Companies||Kabul||23 Nov 2018|