Assistant Producer (radio and web TV)(1197 Views)
About BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action uses media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing countries. To achieve this, we partner with civil society, local media and governments to: strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity and produce creative media outputs which inform and engage audiences around key development issues.
Purpose of Job
The Assistant Producer (radio and web TV) will help develop and produce a new pilot show based around health and polio for a rural female audience. She /he will work closely with the producer to create a new show for radio and web television. Must have strong interest in health issues facing Afghanistan; help find presenters and contributors; research editorial topics; and contribute to the recording and editing. The Assistant Producer (radio and web TV) will help the Producer to manage the production schedule before, during and after recordings, ensuring that they are fully informed of programme logistics, travel arrangements, and health and safety on the studio or on the location set.
|Date Posted:||13 Jul 2018||Reference:||33/2018|
|Closing Date:||20 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Media||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Main duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for recruiting new presenters and on-screen contributors
• Working in close collaboration with the Producers, Production Manager and Head of Production
• Identify strong storylines for the show
• Plan the necessary logistics for recording
• Develop and maintain excellent contacts with on screen talent
• Maintain a database of on screen members who are selected to participate in the pilot show.
• Contribute creative ideas for the development of the new show
• Assist in production duties on recording days
• Help supply content to BBC Media Action website, reflecting key achievements of the show
• Help in the production of promotional material for the radio and web television
• Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager or Head of Production.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Essential skills and experience
• Experience in a similar production role on television, radio and social media
• Fluency in Pashto, Dari
• Good spoken and written English.
• Excellent communication skills and a confident friendly manner
• An understanding of the health issues and cultural sensitivities of Afghanistan
• Proven ability to follow ethical and editorial policy guidelines, and the ability to put these into practice.
The following competencies (behaviours and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
• Planning and organisation - able to think ahead in order to establish and efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines and resources.
• Communication - able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
• Managing relationships and team working - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works co-operatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
• Creative Thinking – is able to transform creative ideas/impulses into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions.
• Resilience - manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
• Flexibility - adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements.
Desirable Skills and experience
• Good editorial judgement and ability to apply BBC Media Action editorial and production guidelines.
• Experience in applying health and safety regulations to program making.
• Basic experience of photo and video production methods including photo taking, video recording and editing.
• Awareness of BBC Editorial Guidelines and ability to put these into practice.
• Experience in developing content for social media especially Facebook.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Media
• Submission Guideline:
Interested qualified female or male Afghan national’s candidates should submit their CV with cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the post to:
• Please remember to mention the position title in the subject line of your e-mails.
• Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
• The applications may not be accepted later than 20 July 2018
|More jobs in this category|
|Pashto Presenter (Female) at MOBY Group||Kabul||13 Oct 2018|