Junior Data Analyst(1077 Views)
About FHI 360 - USWDP Project
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is helping Afghanistan’s higher education professionals to manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of previous USAID funded projects, USWDP is implementing activities that improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and 11 public universities to ensure quality higher education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. The project assists in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
The Junior Data Analyst is a member of the USWDP Organizational Development; Under the overall guidance and leadership of the Program Manager for Systems Development and direct supervision of Senior Software Engineer, he/she will accomplish specific tasks in relation to data collection, data cleaning, data analysis, data entry and reporting to the relevant line managers.
|Date Posted:||14 Jul 2018||Reference:||472|
|Closing Date:||18 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Data Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Junior Data Analyst is a full-time position located at the USWDP project office in Kabul, Afghanistan. Key responsibilities and tasks of the position include:
• Under direct supervision of Senior Software Engineer will, collect the data from all the relevant directorates, departments, and units of ministry of higher education (MOHE) and USWDP office.
• Collection and analysis of the data received from MOHE and USWDP. Clean and clear the data before data entry and make sure to enter data accurately.
• Provide Support for data and system uploads, downloads and data backup.
• Provide support for all the data entry requirements for all systems. Work closely with MOHE IT directorate and other relevant directorate staff members to establish ongoing capacity and methods for the continued maintenance and support of all systems.
• Identify problems and issues with our data entry platform system and communicate those problems immediately with the line manager and supervisor.
• Maintain database integrity by checking and correcting the errors (bug fixing) and or take notes to solve those issues by the contracting company.
• Maintain confidentiality of all the data received from MOHE and USWDP.
• Provision of training, on the job training, coaching and mentoring to all the MOHE relevant directorates, departments and units.
• Work closely with the MOHE department staff members to not only enter the data but also show and instruct them on how to enter, clean, and analyze the data.
• Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
• Computer skills, including Excel and MS word packages.
• Well organized, able to manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization skills, and attention to detail are required.
• Work with full commitment, personal integrity and professionalism, report directly to the Senior Software Engineer and Program Manager for Systems Development based in Kabul.
Key qualifications of the Junior Data Analyst include:
• Bachelor degree of any social sciences in one of the following or related fields preferred: Project Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics, Statistics, International Relations, Journalism.
• Experience in typing in high speed (40 – 50 words per minute).
• Experience in typing English, Dari and Pashtu languages.
• Experience in providing basic computer and data entry training, coaching and mentoring.
• Strong communication skills; Articulate and professional, and ability to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English, and should have working knowledge of Dari and Pashto languages.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
In order to apply for this position please open below mentioned link in new tab of your internet browser, follow the instructions and apply through our online recruiting system:-
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!