About Ministry of communication and IT
The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Islamic Republic ofAfghanistan has received Project Preparatory Grant/Fund from the World Bank to prepare forexecution of Digital CASA Afghanistan Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds to hire a qualified drivers.
The aim of the Digital CASA Afghanistan Project is: (i) to expand and strengthen the Regional and National level broadband connectivity based on Optical Fiber Networks; (ii) to boost up digital society and economy through e-Governance initiatives and (iii) to prepare an enabling environment and Regulation for the growth of ICT Sector in Afghanistan. The project will do so by: (a) expansion and strengthening of broadband connectivity in Central Asia and South Asia Region; (b) expansion and strengthening of national broadband connectivity in Afghanistan; (c) Commissioning of a Network called “Govnet” to connect most of the Government Offices at Central and Provincial Government levels; (d) Automation of citizen-centric services through e-Governance initiatives; (e) Automation of e-Governance mechanisms and strengthening of e-Delivery Platforms; (f) framing up of Regulations, Policies, Strategies and Policies for growth of ICT Sector.
Qualified drivers will be selected to drive the vehicle/cars of the Digital CASA for the transportation of the project staff. The driver will be given one vehicle/pick-up car to his charge.
|Date Posted:||14 Jul 2018||Reference:||Digital CASA/D/1|
|Closing Date:||21 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Transportation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform duties under the direct supervision of Digital CASA’s nominated admin staff;
2. Drive the vehicle in all the terrains of Afghanistan;
3. Drive the vehicle for the field supervisors carrying out project tasks in the provinces.
4. Drive the vehicle for the project staff of the Digital Casa as per the timings of Digital Casa’s choice.
5. Maintain the vehicle in serviceable condition;
6. Ensure cleanliness of the assigned vehicle at all time;
7. Carry out periodic checks on the assigned vehicle to determine maintenance needs;
8. Drive carefully at all times and ensure safety of the passengers, other road user and the assigned vehicle;
9. Keep up-to-date vehicle mileage log;
10. Indicate the vehicle fuel and service costs correctly toe the Digital CASA authorities;
11. Ensure that all the vehicle reports are submitted on monthly basis on or before the scheduled dates;
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Must have good communication skills and sound report writing skills.
Should be quick in understanding, keen in taking instructions and able to work with minimum supervision.
1. This position is only open to Afghan nationals;
2. Minimum High School Certificate.
3. Drivers License at least three (3) years old.
4. At least three (3) years working experience as a Driver for a company, family or public service agency.
5. Must be a mature, respectful and honest person of high integrity that is able to work in a team and make meaningful contributions to the team objectives;
6. Must be flexible and able to adapt to abrupt changes in programs at short notice;
7. Must have good communication skills and sound report writing skills;
8. Should be quick in understanding, keen in taking instructions and able to work with minimum supervision;
9. Knowledge of computer applications (MS Word and Excel) will be an added advantage.
10. Should be willing, ready and able to perform other duties as delegated to him by the immediate supervisor.
11. Training in Mechanics will be an added advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
1. Eligible candidates are encouraged to send their CVs and a cover letter indicating their interest for the said position.
2. Please attach a scanned copy of your driving license along with your CV.
3. The candidates can also submit their CVs to Digital CASA project office in MCIT 4th floor.
|More jobs in this category|
|Transport Officer for MoMP/ Admin and Service.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||21 Jul 2018|