Proposal Writing Advisor(1001 Views)
About Tetra Tech - JSSP
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.Tetra Tech provides technical, management, and advisory services to help developing and transitioning societies navigate the challenges they face. We work around the world to help establish and strengthen productive relationships between state and society and develop sustainable government and justice systems that are responsive, transparent, accountable, fair, and efficient. In this way we increase stability, foster investment, and improve the rule of law, which benefits our partner countries as well as our economy back home.
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and law Enforcement Affairs (INL), funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a nationwide criminal justice sector development program focused on institutional capacity building as well as training and mentoring in Kabul and key provinces, and utilizes international and Afghan Advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector institutions.The program has the following four sections:
*Case Management System Development
*Legislative Capacity Building
*Organizational Capacity Building
*Monitoring and Evaluation
Proposal Writing Advisor, OCB
Nationality: Local National (LN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan
Required Security Clearance: RSO Vetting/VSS-A
Tetra Tech, Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP), is seeking applications for Proposal Writing Advisor position for Organizational Capacity Building (OCB) section under the supervision of Team Lead.
|Date Posted:||18 Jul 2018||Reference:||VA 18-034|
|Closing Date:||15 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Law||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the ministry in writing project proposals by gathering information on project nature, objectives/ outcomes, outputs, deliverables, project implementation, human resource, budget and costing, monitoring and evaluation, timeline, risks and issues and other required information
• Help the Ministry in determining proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs
• Assist Ministry in coordinating requirements for the project from different stakeholders involved in the project proposal writing
• Develop training materials on writing project proposals
• Build capacity by providing day-to-day mentoring in the ministry on project proposal writing
• Provide regular reporting on work activities
• To conduct training and mentoring in the Ministry and provinces
• Maintain current knowledge of Budget, Human Resource, National Priority Program (NPP), Ministry Strategy, Ministry Policy and other significant documents related to ministry that would be helpful in developing project proposals
• Liaise with the Ministry of Economy, Civil Service Institute, Donors and other agencies as needed
• Translate written and spoken English and Dari as requested
• Perform any other duties as assigned by a supervisor
• Demonstrated understanding of Afghan legal system
• Past experience developing and implementing training courses for government officials preferred
• Ability to travel to provinces
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Fluent in Dari and English
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
• Minimum of five years of professional experience in proposal writing and development
• Must have bachelor’s degree in law, business, public policy and administration, international development, communications, or related field
• Experience collaborating with Afghan government ministries and institutions for project implementation preferred
• Experience writing and editing materials/reports for varied audiences such as international donors, government institutions, civil society, and other relevant stakeholders
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Law
Please submit the list of documents below to Applyjssp no later than August 08, 2018. The subject line must be (Proposal Writing Advisor - VA 18-034), otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
• Updated CV
• Cover letter, which demonstrates eligibility and interest (maximum one page).
No in-person appointments or phone calls will be entertained. Only selected qualified applicants will be contacted. Hard copy application package is not accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!