GMAT Instructor(1056 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
AUAF Background: The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2018 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
PDI Background: The Professional Development Institute (PDI) offers a broad range of training and education courses throughout Afghanistan to private business, non-profit agencies, NGOs, and governments. The Institute draws on the expertise of the world-class faculty at the American University of Afghanistan and others to provide courses custom tailored to specific needs as well as courses offered on an open enrollment basis. This expertise includes English language, business administration and management, public administration, and information technology.
The AUAF PDI department is seeking a qualified candidate for a part-time position as GMAT Instructor based in Kabul.
The Instructor is responsible for teaching Quantitative and GMAT courses for the Professional Development Institute of the American University of Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||25 Jul 2018||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||18 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lessons are delivered according to the PDI schedule and are purposefully planned and managed in accordance with the course objectives, class needs and quality standards;
• Teaching materials produced to adapt and supplement the course are appropriate to students’ needs and expectations;
• Students are assessed according to Business Unit policy;
• Homework is set and marked in a timely manner;
• The Instructor undertakes to arrive in good time for classes (at least 15 minutes before class);
• The Instructor is responsible for presenting a professional image in appearance and demeanor;
• Class records (including attendance) are kept in hard and soft copy. Enough detail should be given to enable a substitute teacher to take over the class;
• The Instructor undertakes to attend Business Unit meetings or training events.
• Must be based in Kabul
• Master degree from accredited university in mathematics/statistics
• At least 2 years of teaching experience
• Sensitivity to religious and cultural differences
• A team-oriented individual interested in helping participants achieve results
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Account/Finance
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “GMAT Instructor” in the subject line of the email.
All applications must be submitted on or before August 18, 2018. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Business Development Manager at AZYM Business Consulting Company||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Business Mentor at ASARA||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2019|
|Senior National Training center Officer at DABS||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Coordinator of Finance Supporting Unit at DABS||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Coordinator of Procurement Supporting Unit at DABS||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Regional General Manager at AFTEL||Herat||25 Feb 2019|
|Senior Business Mentoring Officer at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|National Consultant - Trade Show Support Assi.. at Food and Agriculture O..||Herat||28 Feb 2019|
|Project Officer at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Senior Financial Management Specialist at Ministry of communication and I..||Kabul||22 Feb 2019|
|Business Development Associate at Ariana Hewad||Helmand||20 Feb 2019|
|System Analysis and Design Specialist at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|