Community Mobilization and Gender Officer (Returnees, IDPs and Migrants)(1008 Views)
“Support Afghanistan Livelihoods and Mobility (SALAM)”
The Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSAMD), is the leading Afghan Government mandated Ministry responsible for supporting and managing the needs and concerns of the Afghan citizens in labor affairs, social protection and welfare, and creating conditions (including policy development) that pave ways for balanced and sustainable welfare improvements in the country, including measures and effective service delivery in employment-intensive development paths.
Sustainable welfare improvements require widespread participation of the working-age population in productive work; however, the existing security challenges may limit the emergence of a private sector-led and employment-intensive economic development path. Therefore, the Government of Afghanistan continues to explore options and methods that may improve labor market efficiency and outcomes even under conditions of sustained security concerns.
In that the MoLSAMD, with support from the UNDP, are pursuing the “Support Afghanistan Livelihoods and Mobility (SALAM)” project designed to enable the MoLSAMD to carry out the implementation as well as a wider and rewarding social impact through execution SALAM project.
Under the National Implementation Modality (NIM) of UNDP, the Support to Afghanistan Livelihoods and Mobility (SALAM), is a joint program of UNDP, ILO and UNHCR in collaboration
with the Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MoLSAMD), to support the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA) in developing comprehensive, coherent and integrated national and sub-national policy and institutional approaches for enhancing livelihoods in a time of crisis and protracted conflict. SALAM brings together the Government and three UN Agencies along with the private sector, and other partners to seek durable solutions for Afghans in line with the Government’s vision and strategies for employment generation and labour migration. This new technical cooperation initiative includes a special focus on the needs of IDPs and migrant returnees, and is defined by the close participation of national and international private sector actors across project design and implementation.
In this context, the program’s main interventions promote the creation of an enabling environment for generating livelihood alternatives in Nangarhar province. Customized support activities will also be provided to address the specialized needs of various groups, including IDPs, migrant returnees, young people, and women. SALAM also targets safer and more productive international labour migration for those who choose to leave Afghanistan through initiatives that help identify regular opportunities for international migration. SALAM`s expected outputs are; Formalized institutional structures in support of regular labour migration for Afghan women and men are established. National and international employment opportunities for women and men, especially IDPs and returnees.
The Community Mobilizer and Gender Officer will undertake the following tasks:
|Date Posted:||31 Jul 2018||Reference:||CMGO-12/SALAM-MoLSAMD|
|Closing Date:||13 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate the further development of the gender thematic strategies in line with the overall SALAM Project and MOLSAMD plan and programing guidelines;
• Support gender mainstreaming efforts in over all activities of SALAM Project activities;
• Analyze the current situation of gender issues in the areas/departments where SALAM project will be implemented and provide suggestions to take protection measures for and to increase the number of female staff of the office;
• Demonstrated analytical and advocacy skills on gender issues especially with regard to policy advocacy in line with MoLSAMD Labour Policy and other relevant policies;
• Provide suggestions and advices and necessary cooperation with regard to incorporating the gender in SALAM related project areas and MoLSAMD policies, legislative documents and annual budgeting;
• Provide leadership and technical support in the development and implementation of viable work plans for the center and regional directories in line with national gender mainstreaming programs and the overall gender thematic strategies;
• Facilitate the integration of gender considerations and lead initiatives to strengthen women’s participation in capacity building opportunities
• Enforce the implementation of the rights-based approach and the social exclusion analysis and other methodological tools that would be developed or adapted in the implementation of the gender thematic strategies;
Reporting line: SALAM Project Manager via SALAM Nangarhar Provincial Coordinator, Jalalabad
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Bachelor degree in development, business, economics or any other related field.
• Four (4) years of progressively responsible professional experience in gender work with an International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) or similar;
• Demonstrated familiarity with gender dynamics within public institutions in Afghanistan;
• Track record on development of gender sensitive indicators and monitoring;
• Strong links with international, regional and national networks working on gender equality and women’s rights and community mobilization or similar work.
• Fluency in English and National Languages (Dari and/or Pashtu) are desirable for the position
Afghanistan - Nangarhar: Jalalabad
AF AF 12
Interested candidates should submit their applications, with the following documents;
1. Your curriculum vitae (including full contact details);
2. A covering letter of no more than two pages, indicating which role(s) you are interested in and explaining how you meet our criteria;
To Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled in front of the first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their applications (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to emails
email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org must have in Cc: email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Surveyor/Distributer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Ser..||Badghis||30 Oct 2018|
|(معاون تحویلدار (ننگرهار at DABS||Nangarhar||31 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس امور تنظیمی at National Medicine and Healthcare ..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس آګاهی عامه at National Medicine and Healthcare Pr..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس تعین قیمت ها at National Medicine and Healthcare..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Provincial Coordinator (Balkh) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Balkh||25 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیریت تحویخانه (.. at DABS||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Marketing Manager at Engineering, Construction and manufacturing||Kabul||09 Nov 2018|
|Outreach Coordinator/ Herat at Ministry of Public Health||Herat||23 Oct 2018|
|Liaison Officer at Abram Global Group of Companies||Kabul||24 Oct 2018|