District Health Promotion (Community Dialogue) Assistant(831 Views)
FHI 360 (Family Health International) is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
The Helping Mothers and Children Thrive (HEMAYAT) Project is a five-year project whose goal is to increase utilization of high quality maternal and newborn health services through culturally-appropriate and cost-effective interventions to strengthen and enhance existing primary care services provided through and in partnership with the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) BPHS (Basic Package of Health Services) and private sector. Specific project objectives include increasing access to and availability of sustainable health services at facility and community levels, improving quality of equitable, gender-sensitive health care services, increasing individual, household, and community demand for health services, and strengthening MoPH’s stewardship of mother and newborn health programs. The project will focus on the five regional provinces, especially in areas with low utilization of maternal and child health services.
The District Health Promotion (Community Dialogue) Assistant (DHPA) will be an FHI 360 employee working and placed at the HEMAYAT Provincial Office based in focused districts of Herat (Zindajan and Karukh) and Kandahar (Panjwayee and Daman). The District Health Promotion (Community Dialogue) Assistant will be, responsible for facilitating implementation and monitoring of community dialogue plus (CD+) activity within the donor-approved work plan. S/he will report directly to the provincial CBHC Officer and the CD+ Focal Point in Demand Generation Team at Kabul.
|Date Posted:||01 Aug 2018||Reference:||474|
|Closing Date:||14 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||8||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participate in TOT of Community Dialogue Plus (CD+) in the center of the respective province
2. Adapt/ Adopt training Package of CD+ according to the context of the designated districts.
3. Assist HEMAYAT Provincial CBHC Officer in selection of the villages for the implementation of CD+.
4. Actively participate and implement together with Trainer and CBHC Officer in the first village and then implement in the other villages individually.
5. Facilitate dialogue sessions in the selected villages to identify main barriers to RMNCH services and find out the root causes of the problems.
6. Facilitate the dialogue in the selected villages to design local solutions and develop action plan to implement the solutions.
7. Actively follow up with CD+ committee to ensure implementation of CD+ Action plan and track and review change in the indicators and report of the of the CD+ sessions.
8. Assist Provincial CBHC Officer in orientation of district and health facility staff and heads of selected villages.
9. Facilitate monthly and quarterly review meetings and update provincial and central team from the progress.
10. Assist provincial team to select villages and teams to be recognized on the day of celebration.
11. Any other health promotion and community based health activities assigned from the provincial CBHC and or central DG team.
1. Good communication skills and local language is preferred.
2. Basic computer and electronic mailing skills.
1. Graduated from recognized high school.
2. One-year experience of work with community.
3. Experience with health surveys and campaign.
4. More active and enthusiastic to work in community.
5. Willingness and ability to travel to targeted areas.
Afghanistan - Herat: KARUKH, ZENDAJAN
- Kandahar: DAMAN, PANJAI
High School, General
1. Please clearly mention the province/ district name that you are applying for.
2. Preference will be given to residence of relevant province/ district.
In order to apply for this position please open below mentioned link in new tab of your internet browser, follow the instructions and apply through our online recruiting system: -
|More jobs in this category|
|Multi-sectoral Supervisor at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|Project Medical Referent Assistant at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Herat||25 Aug 2018|
|Routine immunization Project Manager at IFRC||Kabul||28 Aug 2018|
|Multi-sectoral Programme Manager at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|CBHC Provincial Officer (Kandahar) at FHI360/HEMAYAT||Kandahar||29 Aug 2018|
|دکتور سونولوجیست at Mehraban Hospital||Herat||31 Aug 2018|
|MARKETING / SALES Laboratory Products at DK - German Medical Diagnostic C..||Kabul||05 Oct 2018|