Legal Advisor(1399 Views)
The Good Performers Initiative (GPI) is an Afghan government initiative implemented by the Ministry of Counter Narcotics (MCN) and is directly funded by the International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) section of the Embassy of the United States of America. The Program provides high-impact development assistance with a focus on alternative development projects to provinces that have successfully reduced or eliminated poppy cultivation. There are 80 GPI projects ongoing in 27 provinces across Afghanistan. The GPI program is time-limited and will gradually right-size and phase out as GPI projects are brought to successful completion.
The Legal Advisor is responsible for overall activities related to Legal issues, technical and legal advices. The Legal Advisor will be working under the day to day and overall supervision GPI Program Director
|Date Posted:||01 Aug 2018||Reference:||GPI/HR-VA#006-2018|
|Closing Date:||15 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The assignment will involve specifically the following activities:
a) Represent GPI and ensuring the efficient handling of the projects disputes with AGO and the Supreme Audit office
b) Liaise with, advice and assist the program on specifically assigned legal matters pertaining to program implementation, including reviewing relevant normative acts, documents, and providing comments;
c) Liaise with external and government auditors on their legal assignments
d) Conduct contract auditing to ensure that process and procedure are implemented accurately and are in line with afghan procurement law and rules of procedures.
e) Conduct legal analysis on assigned legal matters related to the mandate of the program.
f) Draft related memorandum, internal legal opinions and other appropriate briefing documents;
g) Provide proactive legal advice on project procurement procedure, project contracts, dispute resolution on project implementation;
h) Reviewing of supreme audit office, reports regarding GPI project and providing logical and legal responses to their comments and inquires;
i) Assist GPI program unit heads in compliance with program legal requirements;
j) Ensure that the legal and contractual documents are effectively drafted, reviewed and interpreted;
k) Providing all the documents for audit directorate of government and working closely with them
l) Preparing the letter to provincial authorities and ministries regarding project issues.
m) Taking supportive actions on various legal matters;
n) Assist in preparing Statement of Works, Terms of Reference, solicitation documents, Contracts, Grant Agreements and other documents required for project implementation in cooperation with GPI Procurement and Implementation Units.
o) Assist with the effective implementation of contracts, with an aim to achieve probity and proper performance of obligations by both parties.
p) Any other tasks to be assigned by Program Director.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills including (i) a full working knowledge of English/National Languages is must (ii) fluency in one national language and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skill in the other and (iii), the ability to interact and coordinate with GPI staff, contractors, Government officials, consultants and the donor agency.
• Strong business management and negotiating skills.
• Excellent technical report writing skills and computer literacy.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Dynamic and flexible self-starter, with a desire to be part of a larger organization
• University degree in Political Science, Law, Public Administration or any other related field; Masters’ degree would be preferred.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in the field of legal with Government Developmental and Donor funded projects or any other national/international NGO and UN Agencies
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the GoA Financial, administration and Procurement Regulations.
• Ability to develop and translate financial, Procurement concepts/reports and effectively collaborate with MCN and donor on legal, procurement, reporting and audit
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Legal
Interested candidates should submit their applications, in writing, to the HR Section of GPI, Ministry of Counter Narcotics (MCN), 3rd Macroryan, Kabul – Jalalabad Main Road, Kabul Afghanistan, or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to:
Please note that applications received after the closing date and without subject of job title Legal Advisor and vacancy number (GPI/HR-VA#006-2018) will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Lawyer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||31 Dec 2019|