National Office Management Assistant(1924 Views)
About Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
The mandate of FAO
The mandate of FAO in Afghanistan is to support agricultural and environmental rehabilitation and assist the country to become a food secure and self-reliant nation in accordance with the principles of the National Development Framework of the Afghan Government.
the development agenda belongs to the people of Afghanistan
the private sector is the principal instrument of economic growth
decision making is participatory and community-based
investment in human capital is essential
donor-funded activities must sit within the sector framework
The objective of the Organization is to improve livelihoods for all sections of the rural community based upon economically viable activities â€“ food production, off-farm employment and trade - social cohesion and sustainable use of natural resources.
FAO works with three counterpart ministries â€“ the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, the Ministry of Energy and Water and the Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development. The FAO Representation is based in Kabul with regional offices in Herat, Jalalabad, Kandahar, Mazar-i-Sharif and Faizabad and subregional offices in Bamyan, Farah, Ghazni and Kunduz.
The project goal is to promote inclusive growth and job creation in the agricultural sector by strengthening the capabilities of producers and private enterprises to effectively link Afghan farmers to domestic and international markets. The basic premise is that agricultural-led economic growth is the key to improving food security, rural poverty reduction and agribusiness development.
This will be achieved through a value chain (VC) approach. The project will invest in improving productivity and facilitation of the development of wheat, high value crops and livestock value chains as well as enhancing the capacity of P/DAIL (Provincial / District Agriculture, irrigation and Livestock Department) in sustainable value chain development.
The focus of the project is on developing the demand for local agribusiness, enterprises and input and service providers, and enhancing their capacity so that the VC is improved, more efficient and more profitable and hence
sustainable. Using a VC approach the programme has been designed to overcome constraints to business performance and corresponding sales/turnover of agribusinesses. This will also lessen the government’s dependency on foreign aid through local private sector growth and investments.
Involvement of the private sector will include developing and supporting market access for both domestic and export markets, and will build on past successes of USAID and FAO/PAIL in the region. Interventions will leverage
public and private sector investments already made in the country’s western provinces.
|Date Posted:||01 Aug 2018||Reference:||VA No. FAO/KBL/PRJ/SC/23-2018|
|Closing Date:||15 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||1214 to 1570 USD|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||12 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative (FAOR), the direct supervision of the project CTA (Chief Technical Advisor) / Project Manager in Afghanistan, and in close cooperation with the counterpart MAIL (Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock) and PAIL (Provincial Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock) authorities/national staff, other project and Assistant FAOR (Administration); the Office Management Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Act as focal point of the project in Kabul to facilitate in-house- clearances/ approval of administrative and financial related tasks in Kabul;
• ensure efficient time management of the project core professional staff in Kabul;
• follow up all deadlines of program and project management;
• ensure efficient communication between the t project offices (Kabul and Herat) as well as with Donor and MAIL;
• receive all correspondence from Project office in Herat and respond to project correspondence;
• prepare minutes of project meetings and act secretary and focal points for the meeting;
• organize and maintain an efficient filling system in the project offices in Kabul and coordinate with the project area offices;
• Assist project Admin officer to organize and manage a central database for all project related information (Project, Budgets, Input supplies and Staff);
• provide financial support for various activities of the programme DSA, travel arrangement for field mission;
• assist in organizing workshops, training events and meetings of the project;
• Provide robust support to the project in the processing of FRO, PO and other procurement related tasks;
• Facilitate the national and international travel of project staff in Kabul;
• Assist in handling day –to – day office activities;
• assist national and international project staff in software application for program management and project
• Carry out any other duties as may be requested by the Organization.
• Strong interpersonal and communication, reporting and presentation skills, analysis and interpretation of data, ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
• Skills and experience in resource mobilization, agriculture and economic development and project management
• Excellent knowledge of English and local languages, both spoken and written.
• Core competencies: FAO core competencies include: Understanding FAO’s mandate & its global contest; planning, organizing, and delivering quality results; communicating to build understanding & support; working together in teams and partnerships; engaging in continuous learning.
• Operational Effectiveness: Work independently, structure tasks, establish priorities and adhere to deadlines. Show a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Contribute ideas and suggestions for process improvement.
• Client Orientation: Focus on result for the client. Attend to inquiries from internal and external clients in an effective, timely and friendly manner. Treat clients with courtesy and respect even when working under pressure. Express a high level of trustworthiness.
• Interpersonal Communications and Teamwork: Work effectively and efficiently with staff at all levels, listen to others and openly share own ideas. Express sensitivity, cultural empathy and respect for diversity. Productively handle differing views and opinions and strive for achievement of shared goals. Respond positively to feedback.
• Knowledge Exchange and Learning: Share own knowledge and promote a learning culture within the Office. Actively work towards continuing personal learning, apply newly acquired skills, and support flexible use within the Office.
• At least Secondary School Graduation Certificate (+12); preferably university studies in Business Administration or other relevant field are preferable;
• At least three (3) years of experience in the performance of the tasks described above, preferably experience with FAO and international organization;
• Very good organization and communication skills, computer skills, particularly in MS Office – IT skill would be an asset;
• Capability for planning, organizing and administering on the job independent staff training, sessions;
• Fluency in English and good command of national languages (Dari and Pashto) required.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
High School, Business Administration
Interested Afghan nationals should complete the FAO Personal History Form (PHF) and submit it along with their application letter and CV to the email address below, clearly mentioning the post title and vacancy announcement number (National Office Management Assistant - FAO/KBL/PRJ/SC/23-2018) in the subject line of the email, otherwise your email will not be consider for further process.
NOTE: Applicant who failed to attach the FAO Personal History Form (PHF) their Application will not be considered for further process.
The above required documents can also be submitted in writing (marked “Confidential” and clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the Vacancy Announcement Number, Postal Title, Your Name and Date of Submission ) to: the Assistant FAO Representative (Administration), FAO Representation, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Jamal Mina, Opposite Kabul University, Kabul, Afghanistan.
The FAO PH Form can be downloaded using the following internet link:
The last date for receiving applications is 15 August 2018. Please note that applications received after closing date will not be given consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for test/interview.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
Application received after closing date will not be consider for further process.
Candidate who failed to submit FAO Personal History form, their application will not be considering for further process.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview/test.
Regret letter will only be sent to interviewed candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Medical Record Assistant at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Chil..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Admin Assistant Officer at Voice of Humanitarian Coordination||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Receptionist at Islamic Bank of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|Driver at Afghanaid||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Base Logistician at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Ghowr||25 Oct 2018|
|Team Assistant, (Temporary Appointment at Gra.. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Internship at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Secretary (Rover) FSN-05 (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیر آرشیف ( مرکز at DABS||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|Learning Centre Coordinator at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Data and Scholarships Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Office Peon at WEE-NPP||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|(Re-announce)CASA-1000 Focal Point for MEW at DABS||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Senior Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|(کارمند اداری (مرکز at DABS||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Economic analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Political analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Administrative Assistant at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||21 Oct 2018|
|social analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Managing Director at Moraa Educational Complex||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|