Project Manager(1611 Views)
About The Asia Foundation
About The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our work across the region addresses five overarching goals—strengthen governance, empower women, expand economic opportunity, increase environmental resilience, and promote regional cooperation. We work with civil society, governments and international organizations to encourage and support effective policies and practices through advocacy, research and policy development, and through supporting the actions of others.
About the Project
The overall programmatic design of Strengthening Access to Justice for Women Affected by Violence through Culturally Sensitive Approaches (SA2JWAV II) is based on the Foundation’s extensive experience collaborating with religious, traditional, and local leaders as well as community members, who often function as agents for change; and promoting women’s rights and combatting violence against women in Afghanistan. The Foundation will utilize its strong longstanding relationship and networks with government entities at the provincial level, such as the Directorates of Women’s Affairs (DoWA), and Women Protection Centres (WPCs), as well as formal justice institutions at the provincial level, such as the police, and Family Response Units (FRU) to strengthen institutional responses and service delivery to women who have been survivors of violence or who are at risk, and thereby linking community driven support services like the Community Dialogue Groups (CDGs) and the Family Resolution Centres (FRCs) with formal justice sector actors. The project is funded by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
The Project Manager is responsible for project management from inception to the end of the project, including reporting, project budget management, implementation and closeout of SA2JWAV II. The Project Manager is also accountable for the successful delivery of all project deliverables in a timely manner, ‘on budget’, and with the required results as specified in the donor agreement, including quality control, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables, while ensuring compliance with TAF and donor’s requirements, policies and procedures.
• Project management from inception to the end of the project.
• Accountable for successful delivery of the project, ensuring that it is on time, on a budget, and with the required results as specified in the donor agreement.
• Strengthen implementing partners and short-term staff capacities.
• Contribute to development of M&E framework, and design activities in a manner which contributes to achieving the outcome and output indicators.
|Date Posted:||01 Aug 2018||Reference:||VA# 26/2018|
|Closing Date:||18 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Project Management & Quality
• Provide management and oversee technical requirements, which includes program deliverables and results.
• Develop work plans for the project,and ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with the specific work plans and schedule.
• Work closely with the project team and national partners to provide appropriate guidance and managerial support to implement the project in line with the objectives laid out in the donor approved proposal.
• Review partners’ narrative and financial reports to ensure they are accurate and matching the requirements.
• Where appropriate, provide technical support to partners addressing the focus areas of the program.
• Respond to all project reporting requirements, including monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annual program reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the contract.
• Support and promote program quality and project strengthening activities e.g. data management, project quality meetings, learning events and partnership reviews.
• Develop procurement plans in coordination with relevant technical staff.
• Contribute to fundraising initiatives, including assisting in the writing of proposals.
• Oversee performance management of project staff, technical experts and consultants and ensure compliance with TAF and donor’s rules and regulations and policies,and provide timely feedback to them.
• Identify capacity building needs of project staff and implementing partner and arrange capacity building initiatives.
• Participate in biannual/annual project reviews, planning workshops and capacity building workshops.
• Participate in donor meetings and provide an overview of the project.
• Coordinate internally with TAF departments on grants, procurement and finance.
• Maintain complete project documentation, electronic and hard copy, in an organized manner that is based on the Foundation’s system, and is available for audit and other institutional purposes.
• Design a closeout plan and prepare project closeout report.
2. Budget & Financial Management
• Develop project budgets and ensure spending projections are kept up-to-date, expenditures are within approved budgets, that spending targets are met, and that appropriate steps are taken in managing the project budget in accordance with the donor agreement.
• Lead on initiating relevant procurement processes in line with program spending and procurement planning.
3. Partner(s) Management
• Provide support to implementing partners when required to maintain an effective working partnership.
• Oversee activities and financial progress against project partnership agreements in collaboration with the project team.
• Responsible for ensuring partner(s) receive relevant capacity building and support in line with mutually agreed capacity building plans (i.e. financial, project management, M&E, etc.)
4. Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
• Ensure, in conjunction with the M&E staff an effective monitoring & evaluation, accountability and learning of the entire project, including meeting the progress of the Key Performance Indicators.
• Contribute towards shared learning initiatives including documentation of best practices emanating from the project.
5. Internal and External Relations
• Extensive interaction with Director WEP, project teams and relevant departments.
• Represent the program along with the Director WEP and project staff in meetings, and with government and implementing partners.
• Maintain healthy relationship with government agencies/line departments and cooperating organizations operating in the districts and provinces of the operation.
• Fluency in spoken and written English, Pashto and Dari languages is an essential requirement.
• Documented quality report writing skills in English language is essential.
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Office are required, use of excel is appreciated.
• The ability to travel outside Kabul.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to develop collaborative work with others.
• A commitment to working in a non-partisan manner.
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• A commitment to learn and be open for new ideas and approaches.
• A university degree (bachelor or master) in a relevant field is desirable.
• Sound knowledge of women’s access to justice, violence against women, women’s rights concepts is a must.
• Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control.
• Knowledge of Afghan laws and EVAW law is desirable.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience of project management experience at the national level in women’s related programs, such as women’s access to justice, women’s legal rights, violence against women, advocacy at policy level and such like.
• Demonstrated project design and management experience.
• Demonstrated experience in advocacy and awareness raising of communities.
• Demonstrated experience in developing of project work plans and budgets.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CVs (no longer than four pages) accompanied by a letter stating why they are suitable for this position, and the completed Biodata 1420 form, no later than August 18, 2018 to submission email.
Applications without a completed Biodata 1420 form (Attached is the Form) will be automatically disqualified. Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidates that do not meet the essential qualifications and experience will not be shortlisted. Kindly do not send random unrelated CVs.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
|More jobs in this category|
|Junior Professional / Program/Strategy at AWAL Development and Transform..||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|
|Business Mentor at ASARA||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Logistics and Procurement Assistant at Kabul Carpet Export Center||Kabul||21 Dec 2018|
|مدیر نرسنگ at Ministry of Public Health||Kandahar||25 Dec 2018|
|مدیر فرهنگی و بازاریابی at Salam University||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|
|کارشناس تحلیل وتصنیف وظا.. at Ministry of Higher Edu..||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|Regional Cricket Development Manager Mis-Aina.. at Afghanistan Cricket Bo..||Paktia||20 Dec 2018|
|آمر مصئونیت at Ministry of Transport||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|انجنیر دیزاین at Ministry of Transport||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|کارشناس تحلیل ارقام at Ministry of Transport||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|مدیر عمومی تحلیل پلان at Ministry of Transport||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|مدیر هماهنگی دونرها at Ministry of Transport||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|Country Manager at 786 Pharma||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|CEO/Country Manager at 786 Pharma||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|