International Governance and Policy Advisor - Energy, Oil and Gas to the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (GDP)(614 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MOMP) has a mandate to deliver on the Government’s vision for sustainable, market-based, economically successful minerals and hydrocarbons sectors that encourages and protects private capital investments and enterprises as set out in the Constitution of Afghanistan. Our mission is to be an enabler of the oil and gas sector’s development and steward of all mineral, hydrocarbon and ground water resources through the implementation of international best practice policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MOMP) is currently involved in wide range of important activities that requires international expertise in a timely manner. The activities involve the resolution of the existing hydrocarbon contracts, supporting the IPP project, and developing G2G strategy. In order to execute all the mentioned activities, the MOMP needs an individual qualified for the position of International Governance and Policy Advisor - Energy, Oil and Gas to work in General Directorate of Petroleum at MoMP.
The International Governance and Policy Advisor - Energy, Oil and Gas is responsible to the coordination of engaging technical experts and also in taking decisions in a timely manner for operational continuity. The advisor will help MOMP on the existing Amu Darya Exploration and Production Sharing Contract (EPSC) and getting the midstream specialist onboard to support the IPP project. Both these activities are crucial and have tight deadlines therefore; we need to go for sole-source procurement to meet the requirements as well as the deadline.
|Date Posted:||01 Aug 2018||Reference:||MoMP/AEITI/PPG-006-International Governance and Policy Advisor - Energy, Oil and Gas to the (GDP)|
|Closing Date:||14 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Government Advisory||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||International||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant shall work with the Office of the Minister, GDP and international consultants to support the development of the upstream and midstream sector and will be responsible for providing advice to the Director of GDP on the development of the oil and gas sector, as required. Associated tasks would encompass a broad suite of services, as needed, to include:
● Assisting the MOMP in developing appropriate Terms of References for technical consultants assigned to activities related to the World Bank AE4D project as required
● Assisting GDP and MoMP leadership in the coordination of technical assistance to develop the upstream and midstream sectors
● Assisting MOMP leadership and staff on developing policy related to TAPI activities and business and financial planning models for pipeline access on a commercial basis and the integration of TAPI into other midstream projects being developed in Afghanistan
● Advising GDP leadership on the development of OGRA including structuring, staffing, training and strengthening the regulator, including the design of a prioritized capacity building program to enhance the OGRA’s ability to discharge its regulatory and contractual compliance and contract management roles
● Advising MoMP leadership and GDP on the oversight and administration of AE4D, as needed.
The Governance and Policy Advisor will be responsible for:
1. Providing recommendations and advice on regulation, policy matters and contract negotiations to the Director of GDP on an as needed basis.
2. Working with the Director of GDP and the Minister to coordinate the work being undertaken with respect to regulatory reform of the oil and gas sector.
3. Supporting the Director of GDP and the Office of the Minister in coordinating the technical advice being provided to ensure that it is integrated into overall policy development for the Ministry and the Minister.
On a preliminary basis, the activities that will be the focus of the coordination work will include, but not be limited to assisting the GDP and their technical advisors in the following areas, namely:
a. Yatimtaq Gas Field Development – transaction advisory services procurement, Uzbekneftegaz initiative operationalization/execution, drafting agreements, investment plan, fiscal terms and financial modeling of contract;
b. Existing EPSC Resolution – Amu Darya/Afghan Tajik;
c. Support to the Development of the Legal/Regulatory Framework (hydrocarbons law, regulatory development, defining the institutional structure draft and approve Chapter II of the Hydrocarbons Law, operationalize the MoMP institutional structure and OGRA;
d. Support to the development of the PSC contractual framework – design internationally benchmarked fiscal regime, develop E&P contract template, develop transparent licensing criteria for contract award and bid rounds
• Performing any other tasks assigned by the MoMP authority.
• English Language proficiency
• Time management skills
• Good communication skills
• Research skills
• Office administrative and computing skills
• Flexibility and enthusiasm
• Ability to participate in discussion and operate as part of a multinational team
• Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering, Law (or comparable engineering degree) from an internationally accredited university or any other related subjects and Mster degree is preferred in these fields.
• At least 5-10 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably as a petroleum engineer, with extensive hands on experience in gas pipeline, gas processing facilities, drilling, reservoir engineering, and petroleum production.
• Detailed knowledge of international oil industry standards.
• Detailed understanding of health, safety and environmental standards in oil sector.
• Work experience developing, reviewing, analyzing, and approving midstream projects and production of oil and gas.
• Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, hardworking and interpersonal skills
• S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint and etc.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Technical
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 14/August/2018 at 16:00PM. Reference MOMP/AEITI/PPG/006- International Governance and Policy Advisor - Energy, Oil and Gas must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest. Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator) Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!