Regional Cooperation Communication & Public Relations Consultant(1522 Views)
About The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region. Drawing on 60 years of experience, the Foundation supports initiatives to improve governance, law and civil society; women's empowerment; economic reform and development; sustainable development and the environment; and international relations. The Asia Foundation has offices in 18 countries throughout Asia and is headquartered in San Francisco. In Afghanistan, the Foundation supports four primary themes: Governance and Law, Women’s Empowerment, Education, and Survey/Research and Knowledge Development.
An experienced expert on Public Relations and Communication is required to join the Regional Cooperation Directorate (RCD) within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) of Government of Afghanistan (GoA) as part of the “Promoting Regional Cooperation Capacity in Ministry of Foreign Affairs PRCC-MoFA” phase II project. The Asia Foundation is implementing the two-year project with the Delegation of the European Union funding and in close coordination with MoFA. The Expert is expected to join the project byas early as possible thereafter. The initial contract will be for 6 months with the prospect of extension.
The Promoting Regional Cooperation Capacity in MoFA (PRCC-MoFA) Phase II project will seek to build the capacity of the Regional Cooperation Directorate (RCD) at MoFA to enable it to lead the country’s efforts in promoting regional cooperation and illuminate avenues for securing donor support through the promotion of regional cooperation. The second phase of the project will focus particularly on strengthening RCD’s capacity to support larger MoFA’s efforts in leading the Istanbul Process, and in implementing and following-up on the Confidence Building Measures (CBMs) agreed between all 15 Heart of Asia Countries at the Istanbul Conference in 2011. The project will also seek to build the capacity of RCD to effectively and proactively engage and coordinate with other regional organizations, like South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO), The Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) among other, and trilateral and quadrilateral bodies that Afghanistan is currently a party to.
Tasks of the Regional Cooperation Consultant
Under the PRCC-MoFA Phase II project, the Regional Cooperation Communication & Public Relations Consultant will report directly to the leadership of Regional Cooperation Directorate at MoFA and for administrative related issues will report to the Asia Foundation. The Consultant will work with relevant people at MoFA and within RCD to promote and reflect the activities of RCD through developing a comprehensive and effective Public Relations and Communications Strategy. The development of this strategy is to help teams at RCD communicate more effectively and meet core organizational objectives. The Consultant will further institutionalize the key aspects and requirements of an effective public relations and communications strategy at RCD and among MoFA staff and will ensure that the developed strategy reflects all elements of a modern and effective Public Relations and Communications Strategy. The consultant will also ensure that RCD’s public relations and communication strategy in line with MoFA’s overall internal and external communications polices and strategy.
|Date Posted:||02 Aug 2018||Reference:||VA# 28/2018|
|Closing Date:||18 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities to be performed by the Public Relations and Communication Consultant include but are not limited to the following:
1. Conduct public outreach activities to promote overall RCD’s activities and efforts for promoting regional cooperation,
2. Work with the Media to promote Heart of Asia as a regional cooperation process and its achievements in different platforms to the relevant audience
3. Provide capacity building and mentorship to staff in writing relevant official and media related documents,
4. Draft, review and finalize the content and other materials such as press releases, brochures, publications etc. for the HoA website.
5. Draft relevant articles and publications promoting HoA process and drawing on analysis and linkages between HoA and other existing regional organizations and initiatives;
6. In consultations with the leadership of RCD, assist with all necessary preparations for the Istanbul Process meetings and events as well as meetings with other Regional Organizations with which Afghanistan is a member.
7. Planning publicity strategies and campaigns
8. Writing and producing presentations and press releases
9. Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organizations
10. Organizing and attending promotional events such as press conferences, open days, exhibitions
11. Analysing media coverage related to the Regional Cooperation agenda
12. Perform any other duties tasked by the leadership of the RCD as required.
• University degree (master’s preferred) from a recognized institution in mass communications, public relations, development communications, journalism or related fields
• At least 5 years of professional experience in public relations, information and communications, and/or journalism
• Demonstrated experience in developing public relations and communications strategies, writing articles, and copy editing in Dari/Pashtu as well as English
• Experience working, supporting government ministries, liaising with national organizations, and regional and international stakeholders
• Practical experience in design and management of public relations, mass media or development communications media
• Excellent writing, communication, and report writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work with various stakeholders
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior officials
• Proficient in writing, reading, and understanding Dari/Pashtu and the English language
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed cover letter, writing sample, contact details and completed Biodata 1420 form, no later than August 18, 2018 to submission email. Applications without a completed Biodata 1420 form (Attached is the file), writing sample, or cover letter will be automatically disqualified. Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be evaluated on the quality of translation from English to Dari and Pashto.
Candidates that do not meet the essential qualifications and experience will not be shortlisted. Kindly do not send random unrelated CVs.
|More jobs in this category|
|National Communication & Knowledge Management.. at Food and Agriculture O..||Herat||28 Feb 2019|