REGIONAL PRIVATE SECTOR DEVELOPMENT TEAM LEAD(667 Views)
DAI is implementing the USAID funded program Promote: Women in the Economy (WIE) throughout Afghanistan. The objective of this project is to enable Afghan women to increase their participation in the mainstream, formal economy by securing employment with advancement potential and by helping women-owned businesses or businesses that employ women to grow.
WIE’s Private Sector Development [PSD] component has been charged with growing revenues through innovative approaches to private sector development. Innovation will require thinking about private sector development in a new way and working with non-traditional partners in addition to leveraging other donor projects. New solutions may be found anywhere, including private sector solutions to changes in developed markets.
The Regional Private Sector Development (PSD) Team Leader will be responsible for the implementation of the PSD component’s portfolio of activities in the assigned region. The incumbent will be closely working with the Senior Regional Manager and Regional Manager of WIE’s Regional Office to implement all activities of the PSD component in the region together with managing regional PSD team members. More specifically, the individual will lead PSD regional team members in identifying WIE’s client business issues and opportunities, make recommendations for supporting those businesses, implement all current activities of PSD component including grants, subcontracts, and direct implementation activities. Also, the Team Lead is expected to manage her/his team, bridge with WIE’s HQ PSD team on implementation of activities, and achieve PSD team targets.
|Date Posted:||02 Aug 2018||Reference:||DAI/WIE|
|Closing Date:||16 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Private Sector Dev||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• Together with Senior Regional Manager (SRM) and Regional Manager (RM) manage the portfolio of private sector development in the assigned region;
• Manage a small team of regional PSD staff members in the region including, but not limited to, technical direction, portfolio allocation, review of business applications for various WIE support activities, and proposing new initiatives together with regional PSD staff members;
• Identify potential client businesses together with regional PSD staff members, assess needs and issues, and make proposals on supporting those businesses to WIE’s HQ PSD team;
• Provide oversight and quality control of active grants and subcontracts implementation in her/his region, and report deviations;
• Collaborate with M&E and WIE’s Communications teams on collecting various types of data for monitoring, evaluation, and reporting purposes;
• Track, document and constantly report lessons learned, issues, and make recommendations to WIE’s HQ PSD team on corrective measures;
• Other activities assigned by Senior Regional Manager.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Minimum five years of experience working with either private businesses or donor organizations that work for private sector development or a combination of both, and a bachelor’s degree, preferably, in business administration, commerce, economics; master’s degree will be preferred.
• Entrepreneurial, willing to take calculated risk.
• Practical understanding of difficulties currently being faced by private businesses, especially, women owned businesses.
• Understanding of business operation from startup to expansion.
• Able to work independently and take responsibility for translating concepts into implementable activities.
• Good networker, ideally with well-established network in private sector and development community.
• Able to focus on project objectives and work collaboratively toward the goals
• Fluency in English is required.
• Demonstrated familiarity with constraints faced by women-owned and/or majority women owned businesses in Afghanistan.
• Ability to travel to regional offices – Mazar, Jalalabad, Kandahar, and Herat.
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
• The position reports to the Senior Regional Manager.
Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred
Afghanistan - Balkh: PROVINCIAL CENTER (MAZAR SHARIF)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include REGIONAL PSD TEAM LEAD - MAZAR in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!