Database Officer(855 Views)
About Afghan United Bank
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently this bank has 27 branches across the country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking.
For more information kindly visit: www.afghanunitedbank.com
Database administrators design, implement, maintain and repair an organisation’s database. The role includes developing and designing the database strategy, monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements. They may also plan, co-ordinate and implement security measures to safeguard the database.
|Date Posted:||06 Aug 2018||Reference:||AUB/HR/018-020|
|Closing Date:||17 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Managing and monitoring Oracle database,
• Data replication
• Back up and restoration of database
• Carry out basic analysis of database logs and identify issues
• Performing Day End Operations
• Perform activities for resolution of occurred issues
• Create shell scripts for task automation
• Analyze and sustain capacity and performance requirements
• Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency
• Monitor systems and platforms for availability
• Install and test upgrades and patches
• Evaluate and recommend new database technologies
• Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary
• Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans;
• Working closely with IT project managers, database programmers and web developers
• Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and
• Provide 24/7 support for critical situations
• Other Duties assigned by the manager
• Effective time management, scheduling, and organization skills.
• Strong analytical and project management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact.
• Being hardworking and flexible.
• Professional behaviour and disciplined.
• Bachelors in degree in IT, Master degree is preferred.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Managing Databases preferred Oracle Database, RAC or Data Guard.
• Proven experience in Unix systems and have better command on SQL query writing
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Interested Candidates can send their resumes with their recent photo to Kindly mention the title of position and vacancy number in the subject line of your e-mail
Only the Short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Re-announced - Deputy IT Manager at Tetra Tech||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|Web Developer at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|IT Technician at Giganor ISP||Kabul||28 Aug 2018|
|مدیر عمومی تکنالوژی معلو.. at Afghanistan Urban Wate..||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|Network Administrator – Part-time at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||25 Aug 2018|
|IT Manager at Internews – Afghanistan||Kabul||16 Aug 2018|
|Infrastructure Administrator at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||17 Aug 2018|
|Officer Network at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Aug 2018|
|Senior Officer Network at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Aug 2018|
|IT Manager at Venco Imtiaz Construction Company||Kabul||22 Aug 2018|