The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is one of the sectorial ministries of the Afghan government. Following almost three decades of turmoil, war, droughts and a dramatic increase in opium production MAIL’s mandate is to restore Afghanistan’s licit agricultural economy by assisting farmers to increase production and productivity; to manage and protect Afghanistan’s natural resource base for sustainable growth; to improve rural agricultural infrastructure and irrigation systems; and to expand agricultural markets and develop human resource capacity. The goal is to reduce poverty throughout Afghanistan and assure food security for all. Thus the new direction for agriculture growth is anchored in increased productivity focusing on agricultural products that have a comparative advantage through various value chain approaches.
The General Directorate of Natural Resources Management (GD-NRM) is one of the biggest and most important directorates of the MAIL. This directorate offers services in Natural Resource (forests, rangelands and protected areas) Management, promoting Community Based NRM initiatives so that local communities can benefit, in a fair and equitable way.
The mission of DG-NRM is Restoration, protection, conservation, and improvement of forest, rangeland, natural vegetation and ecological areas, improving green areas in and around urban areas, introducing prudent utilization approaches and mechanisms, watersheds management and soil conservation, combat desertification and improve ecological balance; resultant to reduced natural disasters, healthy environment, agriculture and livestock sector development and food security.
|Date Posted:||08 Aug 2018||Reference:||MAIL/034/018|
|Closing Date:||21 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Cleaning of the office equipment
• Assist in meeting/workshop refreshments; help to prepare rooms for meeting and other activities.
• Clean surfaces including (floors, furniture, walls, doors, windows, carpets).
• Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
• Replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, and paper towels).
• Maintain all equipment to be in a clean condition, daily clean all sanitary appliances, fittings and areas.
• Carry out general cleaning duties to the agreed standards and work schedules provided.
• To assist with moving office good and supplies
• Willing to perform duties after office timings and on vacation as and when required
• To make arrangement for lunch tea including related purchases when needed.
• Make regular patrolling of the office compound
• Stay awake and alert during duty time;
• Responsible for the safety and security of the office
• To carry out other necessary task for the office at the request of the supervisor or delegated officer.
• Ability to prioritize and complete the task in a very limited time span under pressure.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience as a cleaner.
• Working experience with governmental organizations is preferable.
• Experience in cooking and refreshment arrangements could be considered as an asset
Primary education (writing and reading) will be
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Secondary School, General
• The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
• Subject line must be Cleaner (MAIL-034-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Extension officer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Herat||21 Dec 2018|
|Farmers Call Center Operator at MAIL/OFWMP||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|Regional Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Multi Cities||25 Dec 2018|
|Agribusiness Development Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|
|Horticulture Development Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|