Kabul Greenbelt Project Coordinator(1390 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is one of the sectorial ministries of the Afghan government. Following almost three decades of turmoil, war, droughts and a dramatic increase in opium production MAIL’s mandate is to restore Afghanistan’s licit agricultural economy by assisting farmers to increase production and productivity; to manage and protect Afghanistan’s natural resource base for sustainable growth; to improve rural agricultural infrastructure and irrigation systems; and to expand agricultural markets and develop human resource capacity. The goal is to reduce poverty throughout Afghanistan and assure food security for all. Thus the new direction for agriculture growth is anchored in increased productivity focusing on agricultural products that have a comparative advantage through various value chain approaches.
The General Directorate of Natural Resources Management (GD-NRM) is one of the biggest and most important directorates of the MAIL. This directorate offers services in Natural Resource (forests, rangelands and protected areas) Management, promoting Community Based NRM initiatives so that local communities can benefit, in a fair and equitable way.
The mission of DG-NRM is Restoration, protection, conservation, and improvement of forest, rangeland, natural vegetation and ecological areas, improving green areas in and around urban areas, introducing prudent utilization approaches and mechanisms, watersheds management and soil conservation, combat desertification and improve ecological balance; resultant to reduced natural disasters, healthy environment, agriculture and livestock sector development and food security.
Under overall guidance of the Director General of Natural Resources Management, the incumbent shall effectively and efficiently manage the implementation of Kabul Greenbelt Project, which includes from project survey, design, project formulation, budgeting, procurement, execution, coordination with stakeholders, supervision, monitoring and timely-based reporting. Moreover, the incumbent shall establish a sound management system, develop National Greenery Plan, conduct studies and undertake new initiatives to expand the greenery activities at national-wide.
|Date Posted:||08 Aug 2018||Reference:||MAIL/035/018|
|Closing Date:||21 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure strong coordination through establishing of a systematic approach/mechanism for smooth operation of greenery projects, and mobilize partners (i.e. Kabul Municipality, Ministry of Energy and Water, Ministry of Interior Affair, Ministry of Urban Development, Contractors etc.) support to assure that all the relevant project activities are timely coordinated, executedand objectives of the projects are achieved.
• Provide overall guidance and supervision for the project to ensure transparent, efficient and effective execution of the projects and outcomes achieved.
• Undertake direct responsibility for managing the project budget by ensuring that project budgetis properly expended in accordance with related laws and regulations, and project work plans and reports including tree MIS system (inventory)
• Establish a transparent and accountable project M&E system and dashboard for data management and reporting.
• Formulate and design new projects and modify the project based on lesson-learns and technical field studies, and execute project in the identified areas to meet the desired outcome within the given timeframe. Develop proposals for expansion of the project to other cities and province for improvement of green areas in the cities.
• FormulateTORs for key inputs (i.e. personnel, sub-contracts, training, and procurement), and administer the mobilization of such inputs. Writes specifications, prepare cost estimations for projects, budget request, provide technical and administrative supports to the team.
• Build a dynamic and motivated project team and working environment for exploring of creative solutions in areas of urban greenery, watershed management and reforestation.
• Manage timely procurement and mobilization of resources and activities, follow-up the contracts progresses and ensure timely procurement and implementations.
• Develop a clear site plan / management plan for each area under the coverage and expansion of Kabul Greenbelt Project that will be including the project work scope for the areas from different aspects such as greenery, environmental engineering, management, operation and maintenance.
• Provide guidance for the project communications for improved community mobilization and enhanced support of civil societies to support greenery interventions sustainability.
• Synthesizing of lessons learnt and best practices in urban greenery, and related projects in light of emerging challenges, and publish the lesson-learnt in the MAIL website and share with other MAIL departments.
• Produce technical guidance for smooth implementations, socio-environmental risk management, and provide technical support for strengthening institutional capacity.
• Other relevant activities as assigned by the NRM Director General from time to time
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. Bachelor Degree from a reputable university in areas of Natural Resource Management, Watershed Management, Agriculture Engineering, and Environment, preference will be given to Master degree.
2. 7 years of work experience in the field of Management of Natural Resources and Forestry Project.
3. Familiarity with NRM project complexities; and governmental financial and procurement systems.
4. High level of management, planning, problem solving, analytical, team building, and communication skills.
5. Ability to prepare climate proofed project proposals, progress reports, skilled in project planning, negotiation and assessment.
6. Ability to balance competing priorities on a tight deadline
7. Excellent communication skills in Dari, Pashto and English
8. competency with MS Office packages and utilization of GIS application in urban forestry planning
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
• The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
• Subject line must be Kabul Greenbelt Project Coordinator (MAIL-035-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|M&E Officer at MAIL/HVCDSP||Multi Cities||03 Mar 2019|
|National Value Chain Development Facilitator at Food and Agriculture Orga..||Nimruz||28 Feb 2019|
|National Project Manager at Food and Agriculture Organization of the Unit..||Herat||28 Feb 2019|
|Project Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||22 Feb 2019|
|Supervising Civil Engineer at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Horticultural Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Environmental Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Contract Farming Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|