Lift Operator(737 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart.
The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used.
A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities.
The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019.
Part A: On-Farm Water Management
1. Carrying out social mobilization for the establishment of Irrigation Associations (IAs) in the Project Areas, including, inter alia, the provision of: (a) training to communities in organization and management of IAs; (b) facilitation services for communities to develop the IAs’ internal legal rules and regulations (by-laws); (c) assistance to IAs in order for them to be registered under the Water Law (1388); and (d) technical training to IAs regarding water distribution, maintenance of irrigation infrastructure, irrigation methods, water-saving techniques, crop-water requirements, and good agronomic practices.
2. (a) Carrying out rehabilitation works to small irrigation schemes or tertiary canals (watercourses) covering approximately 40,000 hectares in total in the Project Areas, including, inter alia: (a) rehabilitation of existing intakes, (b) canal lining; (c) construction of control structures and outlets; (d) construction of, culverts, laundry basins and cattle troughs; and
(b) Improving design standards and strengthening the private sector’s capacity for contract management and construction techniques.
3. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Areas to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
Part B: Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building of MAIL
Developing the institutional capacity of MAIL to plan, design, implement and monitor irrigation programs, including, inter alia: (a) construction and/or renovation of office buildings, one each in Kabul, Jalalabad, Baghlan, Mazar-e-Sharif and Herat, respectively for MAIL and Project staff; (b) strengthening of MAIL’s Directorate of Irrigation at national, provincial and district levels; (c) strengthening the legal framework for the irrigation sector, (d) developing a national irrigation program, (e) undertaking of technical training in the irrigation sector including study tours transferring on-farm water management know-how; and (f) developing a database covering irrigation systems throughout the country.
Part C: Project Management, Coordination, Monitoring & Evaluation
Strengthening the institutional capacity of MAIL for Project implementation, policy development, and technical innovation, monitoring and evaluation, by establishing and maintaining a Project Implementation Unit comprised of a Kabul-based core team, five (5) Project Area Teams and internationally recruited experts.
Part D: Support for Productivity Enhancement
1. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Area to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, improved agronomic and social management practices, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
2. Promoting land leveling and high-efficiency irrigation technologies in the Project Area.
3. Establishing Information Centers for farmers at the provincial and district level in the Project Area.
|Date Posted:||08 Aug 2018||Reference:||MAIL/037/018|
|Closing Date:||21 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Lift Operator should routinely inspect and service as daily, weekly, monthly and when even required.
• Examined mechanism of the elevator and replacing the broken or malfunctioning parts like rollers or cables, relay, contactors etc.
• Regularly cleaning and lubricate the elevator parts rand ensured it operated smoothly
• Locate malfunctions in brakes, motors, switches, and signal and control systems, using test equipment
• Adjust safety controls, door mechanisms, and components such as valves, ratchets, seals, and brake linings.
• Use test equipment, such as ammeters and voltmeters, to diagnose problems, comply with safety regulations and building electrical codes
• Keep service records of all maintenance and repair tasks
• Keep lift clean sweep or vacuum elevator.
• Carrying out any other task as deem necessary by line supervisor
• Insure regular presences around the premises for swift response to emergencies
• Knowledge of Public Safety and Security
• Knowledge of equipment, tools, mechanical devices, and their uses to produce motion, light, power, technology, and other applications
Baccalaureate degree from school / educational institute / professional institute as per the requirement of the job and at least 2 years of relevant working experience.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
High School, General
• The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
• Subject line must be Lift Operator (MAIL-037-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|General Services Clerk at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Medical Record Assistant at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Chil..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Admin Assistant Officer - اداری at Voice of Humanitarian Coordinatio..||Kabul||24 Oct 2018|
|Receptionist at Islamic Bank of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|Driver at Afghanaid||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Base Logistician at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Ghowr||25 Oct 2018|
|Team Assistant, (Temporary Appointment at Gra.. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Internship at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Secretary (Rover) FSN-05 (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیر آرشیف ( مرکز at DABS||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|Learning Centre Coordinator at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Data and Scholarships Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Office Peon at WEE-NPP||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|(Re-announce)CASA-1000 Focal Point for MEW at DABS||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Senior Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|(کارمند اداری (مرکز at DABS||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Economic analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Political analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|social analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Managing Director at Moraa Educational Complex||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|