Judicial Code of Conduct STTA(624 Views)
About Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.
On April 18, 2016, USAID launched the Assistance for the Development of Afghan Legal Access and Transparency (ADALAT) Project. The purpose of this Task Order is to improve citizen access to justice services based on Afghan law. To achieve the main purpose of this Task Order, ADALAT will advance three main sub purposes:
1. Increased effectiveness and reach of the formal justice sector,
2. Strengthened linkages between the formal and traditional justice sectors, and
3. Increased citizen demand for quality legal services.
ADALAT WILL DEVELOP A “JUDICIAL CODE OF CONDUCT” TO BE SUBMITTED TO THE SUPREME COURT OF AFGHANISTAN FOR CONSIDERATION.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR 2 OR MORE PEOPLE:
1) TO REVIEW EXISTING LAWS AND REGULATIONS REGARDING JUDICIAL EHTICS
2) TO WRITE A DRAFT JUDICIAL CODE OF CONDUCT
THESE SHORT TERM POSITIONS (STTA) WILL BE FOR 40-60 WORKING DAYS. IDEALLY YOU SHOULD HAVE EXPERIENCE IN:
1. JUDICIAL GUIDELINES AND ETHICS FOR JUDGES
2. REVIEWING AND AMENDING LAWS AND REGULATIONS
3. LEGAL WRITING FOR CODES, LAWS, REGULATIONS
Professors, retired judges, and people with judicial development experience are encouraged to apply.
ADALAT anticipates the total LOE for the deliverables outlined in this SOW will be for 40-60 working days and, if needed, may be extended at the discretion of the Chief of Party.
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A FULL TIME JOB. THIS POSITION IS FOR 40-60 WORKING DAYS.
|Date Posted:||08 Aug 2018||Reference:||123|
|Closing Date:||15 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Unknown/Other|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Law||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
ADALAT’s judicial code of conduct STTA(s) will work closely with the ADALAT judicial team and will have multiple meetings with judges and other senior personnel within the Supreme Court of Afghanistan. The STTA(s) will review existing rules and regulations relevant to the conduct of judges, review international best practices, and create a draft judicial code of conduct. It is likely that 2-3 STTAs will be hired for this work: You MUST be able to work with others, as a team.
• Draft of a Judicial Code of Conduct.
All work under this SOW will be accomplished under the supervision of the SC component team leader.
G. Type of work:
At least two working days per week in the ADALAT office is required to be present.
Salary is based on past work history and experience.( Salary History)
• Experience and knowledge of Afghan rules/laws/regulations relating to judicial conduct/ethics.
• Experience and knowledge of judicial ethical issues.
• Experience working with courts and judicial systems.
• Knowledge of international best practices as they relate to judicial ethics.
• Having BA in Law or relevant field. Master’s degree holder or PhD is preferable.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in law, preferably in legal writing and the judicial system.
• Experience in developing manuals and guidelines is preferred.
• Ability to work with a team.
• Fluency in Dari. Excellent English.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Law
Please send your CV containing your cover letter that explains your suitability to the position. Please re-name your CV by your full name while sending to us.
-Checchi is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Write in the subject line of your email the job title and reference number exactly such " Judicial Code of Conduct STTA 123", otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!