Programme Assistant (Fixed Term Position # 361695) GS.5(2267 Views)
About World Health Organization
In February 1949, when the first session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean was held in Cairo, the world was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on it by the Second World War. The historic first session reflected then the vision and determination of eleven countries with similar values, heritage and aspirations to work together in a unique partnership, and start building a better world for future generations.
The exceptional spirit of partnership and collaboration that has governed the relationship between WHO and its Member States in the Eastern Mediterranean Region over the years, resulted in landmark achievements bringing health and hope to all corners of the region.
Let us acknowledge our achievements, so that we may build on the success to meet the challenges of a new world ahead
Purpose of the Post:
To provide a variety of administrative work for the assigned projects: coordinating, monitoring and administering the efficient daily running of project/ programme activities.
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective (Overview of the programme):
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment):
Under the supervision of the Emergency Coordinator, EHA and general guidance of the WHO Representative and relevant Project Officer(s) work is performed in a typical office environment. Work is assigned by supervisor who gives instructions on non-routine matters. Routine tasks are performed independently. Work is reviewed upon completion for overall accuracy, timeliness and attainment of objectives.
Established guidelines are available and work environment is reasonably well structured. However, there may be unusual situations in which the incumbent may be required to interpret existing procedures to develop a particular course of action.
|Date Posted:||08 Aug 2018||Reference:||WHOAFG-2018-08-28|
|Closing Date:||21 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Year|
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Provide full administrative support to the assigned programme. Draft, review and revise correspondence, reports and documents for proper format and content in consultation with the supervisor. Independently compose correspondence of administrative nature, take notes at meetings, provides informal interpretation/translation when required;
2. Prepare and process travel requests for team members using GSM, arrange for visa issuance, security clearance, flight and hotel bookings, follows up travel related issues of national and international missions;
3. Scan, record, refer and follow up correspondence and documents, evaluate the urgency or critical nature bringing them to the attention of the responsible staff. Inform and remind responsible staff of follow-up dates, response or specific actions, supplying supporting material as appropriate;
4. Using GSM, monitor aspects of the implementation of country activities, funds for project/programme budget levels and financial expenditures, according to the approved country workplan. Initiate and process different transactions in GSM, including procurement of goods and services. Follows up with concerned parties the receipt of deliverables and finalization of payments;
5. Compile background material for planning, monitoring and evaluation (including mini-review) exercises. Maintain and update the filing of technical documents and correspondence (soft/hard copies and databases if applicable). Create background reference material as appropriate; access and retrieve relevant material;
6. Finalize all administrative and logistics preparations required for the organization of meetings held in the country (working groups, seminars/courses, workshops) and pay per diem to participants as appropriate (if needed);
7. Respond to and act on telephone enquiries in a timely manner. Assess the critical nature of technical issues and direct them to appropriate staff for reply, coordinate appointments for supervisors, establish and maintain a proper computerized information system on MOH and UN counterparts, WHO Collaborating Centers, etc.
8. Brief colleagues on general office administrative process. Assist/replace administrative staff in the team and perform other related duties as required. Participate in field visits, if required;
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
- Good filing and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff, experts and visitors.
- Demonstrated ability to translate routine correspondence into English.
- Very good time management and stress management skills.
- Knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices, procedures and WHO Style Guide applicable to the administrative level an asset.
1) Producing results
2) Fostering Integration and Team work
3) Communication in an effective and credible Way
4) Knowing and managing oneself.
5) Moving forward in a changing environment
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial training
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
Essential: At least five years’ progressive administrative experience.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to operate Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)/Oracle systems an asset.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
High School, Business Administration
Interested applicants meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHO/AFG/2018/08/28) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of civil, educational certificates, and National ID (Tazkira) to below email address;
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
ANY APPOINTMENT/EXTENSION OF APPOINTMENT IS SUBJECT TO WHO STAFF REGULATIONS, STAFF RULES AND MANUAL.
WHO is a smoke free Environment
|More jobs in this category|
|General Services Clerk at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Medical Record Assistant at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Chil..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Admin Assistant Officer - اداری at Voice of Humanitarian Coordinatio..||Kabul||24 Oct 2018|
|Receptionist at Islamic Bank of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|Driver at Afghanaid||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Base Logistician at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Ghowr||25 Oct 2018|
|Team Assistant, (Temporary Appointment at Gra.. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Internship at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Secretary (Rover) FSN-05 (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیر آرشیف ( مرکز at DABS||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|Learning Centre Coordinator at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Data and Scholarships Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Office Peon at WEE-NPP||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|(Re-announce)CASA-1000 Focal Point for MEW at DABS||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Senior Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|(کارمند اداری (مرکز at DABS||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Economic analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Political analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|social analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Managing Director at Moraa Educational Complex||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|