Network Administrator – Part-time(2194 Views)
About The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region. Drawing on 60 years of experience, the Foundation supports initiatives to improve governance, law and civil society; women's empowerment; economic reform and development; sustainable development and the environment; and international relations. The Asia Foundation has offices in 18 countries throughout Asia and is headquartered in San Francisco. In Afghanistan, the Foundation supports four primary themes: Governance and Law, Women’s Empowerment, Education, and Survey/Research and Knowledge Development.
Position Title: Network Administrator – Part-time
Contract Duration: Six months initial contract, with the possibility of renewal
Duty Station: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), Afghanistan
Salary: As per NTA salary scale
Number of Posts: One
Submission Deadline: August 25, 2018
The Asia Foundation is implementing the PRCC-MoFA project with the aim to build the capacity of the Regional Cooperation Directorate (RCD) within MoFA to enable it to lead the Afghanistan’s efforts in promoting regional cooperation. The project will focus particularly on strengthening the RCD’s capacity to support MoFA’s efforts in leading the Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process, and in implementation and follow-up of the Confidence Building Measures (CBMs) agreed between all 14 Heart of Asia Countries at the Istanbul Conference in 2011. The project will also build the capacity of the RCD to effectively and proactively engage and coordinate with other regional organizations (SAARC, ECO, SCO, etc) and trilateral and quadrilateral entities that Afghanistan is involved with.
|Date Posted:||08 Aug 2018||Reference:||VA# 30/2018|
|Closing Date:||25 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
• Configure and install various network devices and Services like: (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Servers, APs)
• Network administrator will make by weekly report of IT section and teams
Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches and security configurations.
Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
• Select and implement security tools, policies and procedures in conjunction with the security team.
• Any other task assigned by the RCD General Director, the Deputies and TAF.
• Make sure to monitor all network and PCs for all antivirus’s updates
Web Content Management
• The incumbent ensure that the content of a website is well-structured and easy to find.
• The content should meet the needs of its users by covering all necessary topics and being up to date and accurate. This will include web pages, images, videos, blog posts, articles, reviews and social media related to the HoA.
• The incumbent will closely work with the RCD to update and maintain the HoA website.
• Create, maintain and implement content schedules for people to produce or update content
• Conduct content audits to identify gaps and redundancies in the site content
• Train RCD staff on how to maintain and update HoA website;
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Pashto, and Dari.
• Experience with Microsoft and Cisco products
• Must have basic knowledge of current technologies available in the IT world
• Experience and/or knowledge of various networking systems concepts including email, firewall, client ‐servers, network security, network protocols, etc
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task is required.
• Able to work under the pressure
• Team Work
• Able to work after official hours if require
Network Administrator Qualifications
• Bachelor or Master in Computer science.
• Having enough experience with different firewalls
• Microsoft MCSE and MCSA Certified
• Cisco CCNA, CCNP/Security Certified
• Experience with Linux (CentOS, Linux)
• At least 4 years’ experience with related field.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed cover letter, writing sample, contact details and completed Biodata 1420 form, no later than August 25, 2018 to submission email. Applications without a completed Biodata 1420 form (attached is the file), writing sample, or cover letter will be automatically disqualified. Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be evaluated on the quality of translation from English to Dari and Pashto.
Candidates that do not meet the essential qualifications and experience will not be shortlisted. Kindly do not send random unrelated CVs.
|More jobs in this category|
|متخصص تکنالوژی معلوماتی .. at Ministry of Industry &..||Kabul||29 Aug 2018|
|Business Support Assistant (IT) at United Nations-World Food Programme (U..||Kabul||30 Aug 2018|
|ICT Officer at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||31 Aug 2018|
|Web Content Officer at Nai-Supporting Open Media in Afghanistan||Kabul||01 Sep 2018|
|Web Developer at Nai-Supporting Open Media in Afghanistan||Kabul||01 Sep 2018|
|Re-announced - Deputy IT Manager at Tetra Tech||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|Web Developer at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|IT Technician at Giganor ISP||Kabul||28 Aug 2018|
|مدیر عمومی تکنالوژی معلو.. at Afghanistan Urban Wate..||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|Officer Network at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Aug 2018|
|Senior Officer Network at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Aug 2018|
|IT Manager at Venco Imtiaz Construction Company||Kabul||22 Aug 2018|