Agriculture Education Technical Specialist(1148 Views)
About Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural Innovation (CAAI) USAID Project
Agricultural education and training in Afghanistan faces many challenges, including outdated curricula in public and private educational systems and lack of supporting infrastructure. Yet, the livelihoods of 50 percent of the country’s population are tied to production agriculture, either directly or indirectly. The Catalyzing Afghan Agriculture Innovation (CAAI) program will improve the capacity of agricultural educational institutions to serve their clientele groups. CAAI will improve relevance and capacity in agricultural education and promote new roles for educators and researchers by building relationships among them and with the private sector.
CAAI is five-year, USAID-funded program and commenced May 28, 2018. The lead implementer is AET Global, LLC.
A robust agricultural economy is dependent on a modern agricultural education system that provides both relevant education and skills to students, farmers, and extension educators alike. The effective coordination and communication of missions and objectives across all segments of agriculture is essential for the success of CAAI.
The Agriculture Education Technical Specialist will assist in developing an innovative and hands-on curriculum implemented throughout CAAI project, giving expert opinion, and collaborating in these activities with partners in the education, public and private sectors, and with allied USAID programs working in agriculture and agricultural education.
The Agriculture Education Technical Specialist will work closely with stakeholders and partners at MAIL, Faculties of Agriculture, TVET, agriculture institutes and high schools, private sector, and allied USAID programs, and to synergize efforts in bringing agricultural services to farmers and livestock producers. Agriculture Education Technical Specialist will analyse and recommend technical activities to build the human and institutional capacity of the stakeholders using CAAI’s training methodology. This will involve putting in place systems of planned technical activities for targeted audiences.
|Date Posted:||08 Aug 2018||Reference:||10|
|Closing Date:||16 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for managing the design and development of the Agriculture Technical Education Policy and Strategic Plan in collaboration with the DCOP and other relevant stakeholders and/or committees;
• Ensure relevant and appropriate inter–ministerial coordination concerning Agriculture Technical Education policy dialogue and service delivery with key ministries, departments, and agencies--specifically with MOHE/Faculties of Agriculture, TVET/AVI and AHS, and MAIL;
• Work closely with the TVET Technical Advisers based in the NAEC to develop an Annual Training and Development Plan aligned with the TVET policy;
• Ensure that any STTA consultancy and/or training have clear terms of reference;
• Work with the MEL Specialist, the Gender/Communication Specialist, and the DCOP to ensure that the Technical Education Strategic Plan is updated, monitored, and evaluated on an annual basis in line with MEL plan;
• Ensure policies and strategies related to Ag Education are developed within the established national educational framework;
• Establish close working relationships with all development partners operating in technical education to leverage resources and expertise in implementation of the Ag Technical Education Policy and Strategic Plan;
• Work closely with the network of assigned technical schools and institutes on the implementation of the Technical Education Policy and Strategic Plan;
• Work closely with the Afghanistan private sector to ensure that the Ag Technical Education Policy and Strategic Plan are aligned with value chain needs and to encourage private sector initiatives in relation to agricultural technical education.
• Collaborate activities within specific value chains, including applied research and faculty development;
• Develop capacity related to specific commodities and innovation at all levels across the value chain, including agriculture institutes, extension, agricultural high schools, and farmers;
• Ensure close linkages among the components of the program and provide expert opinion on proposed activities;
• Identify resistance and performance gaps and work to develop and implement corrective actions;
• Create an environment of harmony and cooperation inside the program coordination unit with all relevant internal and external parties;
• Prepare and present reports and other relevant activities assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Agriculture, Education/TVET, Agricultural Research, Extension, or related field with 10 years relevant work experience; or master’s Degree in similar fields of study with 7 years relevant work experience.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Afghanistan TVET, higher education, and agricultural education Sector;
• Good knowledge of government policy legislative processes related to agriculture and education legislative processes;
• Analytical, problem solving; leadership, and critical thinking skills;
• Technical understanding of system being analysed and how it affects the various business units;
• Skilled at multi-tasking skills and ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope changes;
• Able to work well with both internal and external clients;
• Good presentation skills and ability to communicate with various audiences, including end users and managers;
• Administrative and time management skills;
• Fluent in English;
• Prior experience working in agriculture education, universities, TVET, MOHE, MAIL, DAIL, or other ministries is highly desirable;
• Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office and internet applications.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
To apply, please specify the title of the position to which you are applying and send a cover letter, current resume, three writing samples, three professional references and salary history by email to submission email. Applications will be reviewed beginning on 8/16/2018 and the position will remain open until filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Extension officer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Herat||21 Dec 2018|
|Farmers Call Center Operator at MAIL/OFWMP||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|Regional Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Multi Cities||25 Dec 2018|
|Agribusiness Development Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|
|Horticulture Development Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|