Anesthesia Nurse(478 Views)
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care of children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides161-bed inpatient care for children and adults, including 16 beds for pediatric intensive care, 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory, 52 new beds for maternal care and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit, six operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties.
FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education and is considered a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its e-Health programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan.
FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Centre of excellence.
Assist the Anesthesia physicians actively in pre and post anesthesia care and therapy, including provision of a safe/hygienic environment for users, and performing duties as an anesthesia nurse.
|Date Posted:||09 Aug 2018||Reference:||FMIC/HR/156|
|Closing Date:||16 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Anesthesia||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist anesthesiologist before, during and after procedure
• Assist the anesthetist in the intubation and extubation of patients.
• Assist anesthetist in the preparation and dilution of anesthesia drugs for patient undergoing surgery.
• Administers medication safely as credentialed, monitors patient responses to medication where indicated and reports related incidents promptly.
• Performs routine unit specific procedures independently or with minimal supervision.
• Participates in handling cardiac arrest situation.
• Assist in the safe transportation of patients within the units before and after surgery
• Maintain equipment checklists of each OR on shift bases with a clear accountability
• Ensure compliance with international patient safety goals as per institutional policy.
• Demonstrates safe handling and proper use of equipment/supplies as per manufacturer instruction.
• Provides safe environment for the patients by following infection control policies and applying safety measures for patients.
• Practices safe central/peripheral line therapies and monitors patients’ responses and takes action accordingly.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills in handling high risk patients/services.
• Updates own skills by attending certification and recertification courses as per credentialing requirement.
• Incorporates clinical knowledge including diseases, drugs and dosages into practice and anticipates care and acts accordingly
• Follows institutional policy for handling Patients’ valuables such as dentures.
• Maintains & ensures medical/surgical supplies stock at required level and maintain log books as assigned.
• Provides timely, comprehensive and complete nursing documentation by utilizing nursing process, which meets nursing quality standards.
• Provide nursing care to the patients in the recovery room whenever assigned;
• Performs any other related task as assigned by supervisor.
• Ability of performing BLS for an emergency and life threaten case
• Diploma in Anesthesia Nurse from a recognized institute
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Interested applicants should send their resume along with relevant Degree to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children, Ali Abad behind Kabul University also you can visit our website for more details www.fmic.org.af
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged CVs required to be covered with Application letter and No CV will be considered without relevant Degree also please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!