Medical Receptionist cum Phlebotomist(598 Views)
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan & France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care of children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides 94-bedded inpatient care for Children and adults, including 16 beds for paediatric intensive care, four operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC now offers 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory. This year FMIC will also offer 52 new beds for maternal care and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit.
FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education and is considered a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its eHealth programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan.
FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.
As a Medical Receptionist:
The Medical Receptionist checks and processes laboratory tests requests, handles cash and credit transactions, provides laboratory tests related information to the patients and hands over final test reports to the concerned individuals according to the laboratory reception policy on daily basis.
As a Phlebotomist:
The phlebotomist draws blood gently by following the various techniques according to the laboratory protocol on a daily basis.
|Date Posted:||09 Aug 2018||Reference:||FMIC/HR/157|
|Closing Date:||16 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate would be able to:
a) As a Receptionist
1. Primary duty of Medical Receptionist is to attend patients, greet them, read physician’s prescription, inform patient about the nature of test (whether it is blood, urine, stool or other test), precautions or any special instructions, if required for the test.
2. Raises test requisition according to physician’s referral slips on computer (or manually when computer is out), receive test charges and hand over the charge slip to patient. Patient’s charge slip (Receipt) indicates Name of tests, Charges, Reporting date and time.
3. Handles telephone enquiries regarding tests or guides the patient to the concerned department if required.
4. If he/she cannot understand / read physician’s prescription, receptionist should call Senior Staff/ technologist/ technician and enquire about the test and mention name of staff on request slip / computer from whom the enquiry was made.
5. For samples of Urine and Stool inform the patient to deliver the sample of Urine and Stool on the designated table.
b) As a Phlebotomist
6. Greets every patient with respect and professionalism.
7. Makes proper identification of all patients. Verify each patient’s identification according to the laboratory tests requisition slips and check patient’s status through verbal questioning to ensure that he/she fulfills the test requirements for collection of correct samples on a daily basis.
8. Obtains consent of patient for drawing of blood. Explain phlebotomy procedures to the patients for special laboratory tests according to the tests requirements in line with the laboratory protocol as and when required for collection of sample(s).
9. Perform accurate and gentle venipuncture or other procedures to collect blood according to the test requirement on a daily basis to provide quality service.
10. Distribute blood to concerned department of the clinical laboratory as per the laboratory tests requirements as and when requirement.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills in English, Dari and preference will be given to those who can speak Pashto Language very well.
• Good computer skills (Ms. Office Programs) Knowledge of various collection containers
• Good knowledge of cash handling
• Possess a pleasant personality
• Ability to work in environment with multiple interruptions
• Knowledge of infection prevention and universal precautions
• Ability to remain patient and calm in a stressful environment
• 12th Class graduate or Diploma in Business Administration from a recognized institute.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Interested applicants should send their resume along with relevant Degree to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children, Ali Abad behind Kabul University also you can visit our website for more details www.fmic.org.af
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged CVs required to be covered with Application letter and No CV will be considered without relevant Degree also please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line
|More jobs in this category|
|Medical Record Assistant at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Chil..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Admin Assistant Officer at Voice of Humanitarian Coordination||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Receptionist at Islamic Bank of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|Driver at Afghanaid||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Base Logistician at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Ghowr||25 Oct 2018|
|Team Assistant, (Temporary Appointment at Gra.. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Internship at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Secretary (Rover) FSN-05 (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیر آرشیف ( مرکز at DABS||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|Learning Centre Coordinator at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Data and Scholarships Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Office Peon at WEE-NPP||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|(Re-announce)CASA-1000 Focal Point for MEW at DABS||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Senior Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|(کارمند اداری (مرکز at DABS||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Economic analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Political analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|social analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Managing Director at Moraa Educational Complex||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|