Assistant Producer (Television)(1026 Views)
About BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action uses media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing countries. To achieve this, we partner with civil society, local media and governments to strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity, and producing creative television, radio and digital outputs which inform and engage audiences around key development issues.
Purpose of Job
The Assistant Producer will work as a member of a busy and creative team to produce Open Jirga, a studio based presenter-led topical debate series.
She/he will be responsible for supporting the Series Producer and Editor on researching new stories, creative ideas and engaging editorial content, production planning, organising and preparing for the weekly studio recordings, booking and organising on screen guests, coordinating with the production manager, assisting the post production with the editors and getting totally involved in the weekly productions. The Assistant Producer will support the social media output of the project, helping to create content and monitor audience engagement. She/he will maintain all production information for the productions, including contact details, transport logistics and correspondence from audiences. The post is based in Kabul and we are looking for people with passion, drive, excellent problem solving abilities, quick learners and experience of copying with a heavy workload.
|Date Posted:||09 Aug 2018||Reference:||35/2018|
|Closing Date:||19 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Media||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the Editor and Series Producer in all planning tasks of the weekly show.
• Work with the Series Producer to develop high quality creative ideas.
• Program research for editorial content for the presenters
• Organising large studio based series
• Booking on screen guests
• Help format and write the program scripts
• Help to support and guide freelance staff.
• Assist in ensuring production safety, including involvement in preparation of risk assessments for studio and audiences.
• Contribute editorial ideas for the show during weekly planning meetings.
• Ensure all audience communication is answered in a timely manner.
• Support the social media content producer
• Supporting the audience finders.
• Support other teams in the production of other project media outputs where necessary.
• Other duties as required by programme and production demands.
Essential skills and experience
• Excellent time keeping and organisational skills.
• Good working knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Good ‘people skills’ as you will be working with the general public.
• Experience in television production, ideally large studio based political series.
• Experience in researching and identifying program contributors and interviewees.
• Very good planning and problem solving skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Clear understanding of the aims and values of BBC Media Action and an awareness of the development goals of our programming.
• Evidence of good understanding of television production technology.
• Skilled in using all Microsoft Office applications.
Desirable skills and experience
• Good editorial judgement and ability to apply BBC Media Action editorial and production guidelines.
• Experience in applying health and safety regulations to program making.
• Working with presenters and on screen talent.
• Awareness of BBC Editorial Guidelines and ability to put these into practice.
• Experience in developing content for social media specially Facebook.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Media
Interested qualified female or male Afghan national’s candidates should submit their CV with cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the post to:Please remember to mention the position title in the subject line of your e-mails.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
The applications may not be accepted later than 19 August 2018.
|More jobs in this category|
|Data Analyst at MOBY Group||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|JOURNALIST FORWARD MEDIA TEAM (Nangarhar) at NATO Afghanistan - Resolute ..||Nangarhar||13 Dec 2018|