Audience Finders (television)(1032 Views)
About BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action
BBC Media Action uses media and communications to reduce poverty and promote human rights in developing countries. To achieve this, we partner with civil society, local media and governments to strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity, and producing creative television, radio and digital outputs which inform and engage audiences around key development issues.
Purpose of Job
The Audience Finder will work as a member of a very busy television and radio production team to produce Open Jirga, a studio based presenter-led topical debate series.
He/she will be responsible for supporting the Series Producer and Editor on researching and finding the right audience members to attend the right shows at the right time and place. He/she will have excellent production planning, organising and preparation skills for the weekly studio recordings, and working with the production manager to help bring people from all areas of Afghanistan to our recordings. The post is based in Kabul and we are looking for people with passion, drive, good problem solving abilities and people skills.
|Date Posted:||09 Aug 2018||Reference:||36/2018|
|Closing Date:||19 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Media||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the Editor and Series Producer in finding the audience to be a active and engaging aspect of the popular political based debate series.
• Work with the Production Manager to coordinate audience travel and transport.
• Planning and organising large studio based recordings
• Help to support the production staff.
• Assist in ensuring production safety, including involvement in preparation of risk assessments for studio and audiences.
• Contribute editorial ideas for the show during weekly planning meetings.
• Ensure all audience communication is answered in a timely manner.
• Support the social media content producer
• Support other teams in the production of other project media outputs where necessary.
• Other duties as required by programme and production demands.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Desirable skills and experience
• Good editorial judgement and ability to apply BBC Media Action editorial and production guidelines.
• Experience in applying health and safety regulations to program making.
• Working with presenters and on screen talent.
• Awareness of BBC Editorial Guidelines and ability to put these into practice.
• Experience in developing content for social media specially Facebook.
Essential skills and experience
• Excellent time keeping and organisational skills.
• Good working knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Good ‘people skills’ as you will be working with the general public.
• Experience in television production, ideally large studio based political series.
• Experience in researching and identifying program contributors.
• Very good planning and problem solving skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Clear understanding of the aims and values of BBC Media Action and an awareness of the development goals of our programming.
• Skilled in using all Microsoft Office applications.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Media
Interested qualified female or male Afghan national’s candidates should submit their CV with cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the post to:
Please remember to mention the position title in the subject line of your e-mails.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
The applications may not be accepted later than 19 August 2018.
|More jobs in this category|
|Website Officer at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children||Kabul||27 Feb 2019|
|Motion Graphic Designer at MOBY Group||Kabul||20 Mar 2019|
|Animator at MOBY Group||Kabul||20 Mar 2019|
|PRINT TRAINER / INTERPRETER at NATO Afghanistan - Resolute Support||Kabul||11 Mar 2019|