Civil Defense Lawyer (Female)(436 Views)
International Legal Foundation-Afghanistan (ILF-A)
Operating in Afghanistan since 2003, ILF-Afghanistan is a country-wide public defender office that provides criminal defense services free of charge to indigent Afghan men, women, and children. Established by the International Legal Foundation (ILF), an international non-governmental organization based in the United States, ILF-Afghanistan is non-governmental and Non profit organization registered with the Ministry of Economy of Afghanistan.
According to Article 31 of Constitution, ILF-A defense lawyers provide free legal services to indigenous suspects and accused in courts. According to the ILF-A policy defense lawyers handle and follow up cases carefully and professionally till the end of final decision of courts, the defense lawyers implement their duties in accordance to the rules of ILF-A and guidance of line supervisors, in order to appropriately defend their clients. We Prefer local Applicants, Defense Lawyer would advise in civil cases mostly.
|Date Posted:||11 Aug 2018||Reference:||ILF-A-KBL097|
|Closing Date:||24 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||500 to 600 USD|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Advising on cases during investigation in accordance to the regulations of ILF-A.
• Advise and consulting the students and follow up of the clients’ cases in police departments, prosecution offices and courts if necessary.
• Clients’ case study in police departments, prosecution offices and courts.
• Participating in judicial sessions and defense from the clients in trials if necessary.
• Participating in the prosecution investigation process regarding his/her client.
• Writing and preparing the defense statement and objection over prosecution appeal in due time.
• Attempts for the release his/her client during investigation and after the decision of court.
• Conducting Defensive investigations regarding clients’ cases.
• Observation of the crime’s scene, meeting with the victim, witness and the relatives of the victim.
• Preparing of the weekly reports.
• Reporting to the line supervisor and receiving guidance for the progress of cases.
• Receiving advice of supervisor during preparing of defense statements.
• Taking the views of line supervisor in consideration.
• Filing motion to the appeal court and Supreme Court and reconsideration of the case with the disagreement of client over the decision of primary court and appeal court.
• Continuous participation in the internal legal trainings of CLEs of the office.
• Coordination and corporation with the other defense lawyers.
• Observing all the rules and regulations of the advocacy law, AIBA manifesto and defense lawyer manual.
• Handle the Legal clinic responsibilities and follow the Legal clinic rule.
• Act according to the policy and procedure of ILF-A.
• Keep updated with issues related to ILF-A, and environment where ILF-A operates.
• Promote attitude of team spirit and a strong focus on quality and quantity.
• Must actively participate for the development and reputation of ILF-A.
• All rules and regulations of Afghanistan should be obeyed, if any breaches or illegal actions committed by the employee will be responsible for it.
Helping the Legal clinic at any stage upon supervisor's instruction.
Arranging the civil cases training materials for students.
• Having knowledge of computer. • Typing skills. Should have the comprehensive knowledge of Afghanistan’s laws and legal system Have good communication skills and have the special ability of establish relations • Should be able to speak and write Pashto and Dari languages and English is asset. civil law and civil cases experience is Must. Good presentation skills is an asset.
local female candidates are giving priority in hiring.
• Must be graduated from Law faculty or Sharia faculty.
• Must have the license of the AIBA.
• At least 3 years of experience in legal advocacy. the Civil cases experience is must.
• Being citizen of Afghanistan.
In case of need ready to travel and work in all provinces of Afghanistan.
Afghanistan - Kandahar
Bachelors Degree, Legal
ILF-A is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of referees (including telephone and email address).
Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas and states the applied position in the email subject or on the left hand-side of the envelope. Interested candidates are invited to submit the applications before August 25, 2018 to ILF- Afghanistan-Administrative & Human resource Management Department:
ILF-Afghanistan House # 558 Street # 05, Qalae Fathullah, Kabul Afghanistan
Contact Person: Parviz Ahmad "Ghafarzay"
Only short listed candidates will be asked for the Interview. Local applicants are highly encourage to Apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Legal Advisor at GPI||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|Staff Attorney at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|