Established in 2006, Centre for Conflict and Peace Studies (CAPS) is an independent research centre based in Kabul and Kandahar province, Afghanistan. CAPS conducts action-oriented research aimed at influencing policy-makers in key areas including state building, governance, security, development and conflict resolution. With a primary focus on Afghanistan, CAPS works towards building local capacity to produce conflict and threat assessments.
|Date Posted:||11 Aug 2018||Reference:||001|
|Closing Date:||30 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Research/Survey||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
* Conduct field research for major upcoming research projects
* Translation, transcribing, background research in various conflict related topics
* Write weekly commentaries and articles for our newsletters
* Collect daily political and security updates
* Coordinate with research team in implementation of research tasks
Currently pursuing or completed a (bachelors or masters) degree in the broad social sciences.
* Ability to speak and write fluently in English, and converse in and comprehend Dari/Pashto.
* Ability and willingness to travel outside Kabul for research work (all expenses covered by CAPS).
* Decent understanding of conflict and development issues related to Afghanistan.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Good sense of humor.
* Previous work experience a plus, but not mandatory.
* Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Apply Email CV and Cover Letter to below email address.
Address: Shash Darak Main Road, Kabul - Afghanistan
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!