Officer, Security/Operations(494 Views)
About National Democratic Institute for International Affairs
National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizens participation, openness and accountability in government.
The Staffer will be hired as Officer, Security/Operations and will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan. The Staffer will report to the NDI Security & Operation Manager.
|Date Posted:||12 Aug 2018||Reference:||NDI/KBL/003/18|
|Closing Date:||23 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Security/Safety||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Under the direct supervision of Security and Operation Manager undertake all security and operations tasks and responsibilities
• Liaison with national security authorities in Kabul and the provinces;
• Assist in managing transport for NDI staff and partners in Kabul and the provinces;
• Oversee the guard force in Kabul and NDI’s provincial offices.
• Ensure that NDI security and travel policies are implemented according to NDI operating procedures in conjunction with Operations & Security Manager
• Provide security advice/coordination to NDI Security & Operations team in the absence of the Security and Operation Manager
• Visit all regional offices and conduct security assessments and training in absence of or in conjunction with, the Security and Operation Manager.
• Manage and oversee all domestic/ International travels for NDI Offices in Kabul HQ and regional Offices in order to meet both program and administration requirements.
• Monitors Guard Force, drivers, cleaners, safe room, premises and perimeter daily to ensure compliance of all checklists, policies and procedures, and reports to Security and Operation Manager all findings.
• Oversee Office/ Residence Technicians in order to check all Log sheets, attendance sheets, visitor sheets and other NDI documents are being completed efficiently and correctly.
• Maintain a national security network in order to obtain timely and accurate information on the security situation throughout Afghanistan;
• In coordination with Transport, ensure all vehicles are serviceable and licensed with functioning tracker systems.
• Support all tasks involved with the NDI Security and Operations department and identify any assistance required by the rest of the team.
• Perform other tasks as requested by the country director and his/her designees.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Excellent written and spoken Dari, Pashto and English.
• Strong attention to the details and high level of organizational ability.
• Ability to work within a team and provide the highest possible level of professionalism.
• Good computer skills, experienced in using all Microsoft Windows
• Bachelor or equivalent degree in an applicable field.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Security/Safety
National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI), Kabul - Afghanistan
Interested applicants should send a one page cover letter and CV to the given email -- no later than 04:00 PM, August 23, 2018. Subject line must be (Officer, Security/Operations - NDI/KBL/003/18).
Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview
|More jobs in this category|
|Environmental Expert (Environmental Safeguard.. at Abram Global Group of ..||Kabul||16 Sep 2018|
|Watchman at National Democratic Institute for International Affairs||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|Security Manager at Arianna Professional Logistic Services||Kabul||31 Aug 2018|