Data Analyst(518 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
Ministry of education has the outstanding rank among governmental organization of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, in order to render 65% services for the public. Ministry of Education, for the achieving of its valuable goals and Objectives, would like to recruit employees through open competition and merit based selection, consequently to enhance the capacity of civil servants, develop the current governmental management systems, and play the effective professional role in the administrative environment.
Education Management Information System (EMIS) as an integrated information system encompassing schools, student, employees, infrastructure, curriculum development and distribution, administrative data, and other education related data management components based on national and international standards to automate Ministry of Education day to day operation in the long run. And grant provision of timely and accurate information for sectoral and cross sectoral analysis, planning and decision making purposes as an immediate objective. Furthermore EMIS will function as the main data bank of the Education Ministry. It involves analysis, design, development and implementation of information systems distributed by location using data standards to ensure data sharing and integration. MoE has conducted a survey of all educational facilities that forms the baseline for education data and has developed a database to hold the survey data, which is the first building block for the development of the EMIS. The EMIS needs to be further developed and enhanced in order to fulfill the intermediate and long term data needs of the ministry.
Ministry of education needs competent and qualified staff to develop additional EMIS components and enhance current EMIS modules.
|Date Posted:||12 Aug 2018||Reference:||MoE/Plan/EQRA-PPG/001|
|Closing Date:||22 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Data Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the incumbent include but not limited to:
1. Development of tools, guideline and statistical procedures for data collection, cleaning, analysis and reporting
• Develop and finalize data collection tool and guidelines in participatory manner
• Improve and develop the functions and procedures required for standard analysis of the Data.
• Develop procedures for transforming data into useful information including graphical representation.
• Develop standard formats for the dissemination and reporting of useful required information
2. Support the development/ modification of system development
• Support in system requirement gathering and system design process
• Support in the reporting interface design process
• Introduce the use of statistical computer applications in data analysis.
• Design standard reporting templates for automatic reporting systems of the EMIS.
3. Support the development of analytical statistics report
• Design and development of standard statistical and analytical reports.
• Analyze MoE data and information needs in relation to MoE, national and international indicators
• Support the development of the data analysis system.
4. Capacity building
• Support the data processing capacity of the EMIS staff and systems by bridging the gap between the staff and the data storing software.
• Assess in house data analysis capabilities and prepare full scale capacity building and skills Work closely with the data analysis and Monitoring Units and improve the capacity within the units.
5. Coordination and link
• Identify and implement national and international standards to enable smooth data sharing among education partners and government ministries
• Identify, gather and incorporate external datasets into the MoE data repository
• Working closely with Central Statistics Office (CSO)
Data collection tools and procedure revised
Annual Statistics report is prepared
Statistics data were prepared and shared for policy and programing
Training sessions for staff conducted
Support for prepare analytical statistics report provided
• A University degree in Applied Mathematics and Information Technology or Statistics or Mathematical analysis or Applied Mathematics.
• At least 5 years of Practical experience in data analysis, decision support, statistical analysis, data analysis, education management and analysis.
• Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis, statistical methodologies and software, and preparation of reports and formal presentations.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Maintains confidentiality of data and respects data dissemination policies
• Good networking and teamwork skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Data Management
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to:
HRMU, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
Deh Afghanan, Ministry of Education, 4th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
no later than 22nd Aug 2018, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to the below email.
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email. However, do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters and etc. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with, and called for the test and interview. The test & interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the shortlisted candidates only sooner after the deadline of the vacancy announcement.
Ministry of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MoE does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Candidates with disabilities and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
According to NTA Policy, this position will be placed in C Grade
|More jobs in this category|
|GDPDC Human Resources and Payroll Systems - D.. at INL/CSSP||Kabul||25 Aug 2018|