Monitoring and Reporting Specialist(849 Views)
About Ministry of Education (MoE)
Ministry of education has the outstanding rank among governmental organization of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, in order to render 65% services for the public. Ministry of Education, for the achieving of its valuable goals and Objectives, would like to recruit employees through open competition and merit based selection, consequently to enhance the capacity of civil servants, develop the current governmental management systems, and play the effective professional role in the administrative environment.
Education Management Information System (EMIS) as an integrated information system encompassing student, teacher, infrastructure, curriculum, administrative data, and other education related data management components based on national and international standards to facilitate Ministry of Education operations. It will facilitate provision of timely and accurate information for program management and policy development. Furthermore EMIS will function as the main data bank of the Education Ministry. It involves analysis, design, development and implementation of information systems distributed by location using data standards to ensure minimum standards are met for monitoring, data sharing and integration. MoE has conducted a survey of all educational facilities that forms the baseline for education data and has developed a database to hold the survey data, which is the first building block for the development of the EMIS. The EMIS needs to be further developed and enhanced in order to fulfil the intermediate and long term data needs of the Ministry. Implementation of monitoring is a key priority in order to identify and bring to the attention of decision makers the challenges in program implementation to allow for timely decisions to be made to improve project quality. To achieve this, the Ministry of Education needs competent and qualified staff to develop and implement the monitoring system.
The Senior Monitoring and Reporting Specialist will be working on the implementation and institutionalisation of the monitoring system for the Ministry of Education.
|Date Posted:||12 Aug 2018||Reference:||MoE/Plan/EQRA-PPG/002|
|Closing Date:||22 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
M&R System Development
• Support the modification of Monitoring, evaluation and reporting system including M&E framework and national indicator framework
• Collaborate closely with Program Directors and M&R staff in developing and establishing an output based reporting systems that serve the needs of the program
• Address shortfalls in monitoring, evaluation and information management that affect program implementation
• Contribute to program design to ensure adherence to MoEs’ standards, including the use of standardized indicators and documentation methodologies
• Support the development of M&R Plans, survey design, methodology, data analysis, and other services as may be required for program monitoring and evaluation
• Support the development of M&R standards template, tools and formant
• Support the establishment of functional tracking and reporting system for EQRA activities
• Establish follow-up and feedback mechanism to the M&R findings with the MoE
• Ensure the accuracy and validity of the data through regular verification and cross-checking the data in the provinces
• Conduct Training Needs Analysis for all the provincial and HQ staff.
• Conduct regular trainings, including on the job trainings, based on the Training Needs Analysis
• Develop M&R and capacity building manual
• Build the capacity of all relevant team members to develop and maintain an excellent M&R system, including the periodic reflection and analysis of program monitoring data
• Develop plans to recruit, mentor and coach staff to build their capacity to enable them to develop excellent reports and other documents
• Conduct project site visits to provide hands-on training to field staff on how to capture and organize information for accurate documentation and reporting
• Assist the program implementation team in timely and accurate reporting to donors
• Coordinate with a variety of teams, MoE Leadership, Finance, and Program Directors to ensure that reports are timely, high-quality, and responsive to donors. The focus of this function will be national team capacity building through coaching in report writing and quality control of final written products
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• At least Master in management, statistics, economics, engineering, monitoring and evaluation, computer science and other relevant fields
• At least 5 years’ experience managing M&R operations within large development programs
• Experience with community participation in mapping and other M&R processes
• Prior experience in staff development and training
• Experience of working in Education field is an advantage
• Demonstrated ability consulting complex M&R systems
• Strong presentation skills
• Committed to a good leadership and team work
• Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required
• Fluent written and oral communication in Dari, Pashto and English is the must
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
• Strong team player, good communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good organizational skills and ability to work independently
• Strong commitment to advancing learning in international development through monitoring and reporting
• Active within the M&R and learning community
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
• Strong relationship-building skills and commitment to working collaboratively
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, M & E
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to:
HRMU, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
Deh Afghanan, Ministry of Education, 4th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
no later than 22nd Aug 2018, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to the below email.
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email. However, do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters and etc. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only short listed candidates will be contacted with, and called for the test and interview. The test & interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the short listed candidates only sooner after the deadline of vacancy announcement.
Ministry of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MoE does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Candidates with disabilities and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
According to NTA Policy this position will be placed in C Grade
|More jobs in this category|
|Monitoring & Evaluation Manager at DACAAR||Kabul||05 Nov 2018|
|M & E Officer (Monitoring & Evaluation Office.. at ATVI||Kabul||26 Oct 2018|
|M&E Officer at MAIL/OFWMP||Herat||23 Oct 2018|
|Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|