Team Leader - WPC(920 Views)
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
This position reports to the SAJA II Chief of Party (COP), and will lead the components work with women protection centers in Afghanistan. The contributions of to the WPCs will bring lasting change in women’s lives in Afghanistan and support in achieving the overall objectives of SAJA II program.
|Date Posted:||12 Aug 2018||Reference:||IDLO/SAJA/18/2018|
|Closing Date:||23 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||8 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the WPC component to complete work plan deliverables and outcomes and outputs of the SAJA II performance measurement plan (PMP).
• Support WPCs and the Afghan Shelter Network (ASN), as well as the Ministry/Departments of Women’s Affairs (MOWA/DOWA) to resolve issues facing WPCs, to build their legal and technical capacity, and to assure sustainability of the ASN.
• Work with the IDLO WPC component personnel to build capacity and expand their skills related to completing work plan deliverables, achieving PMP targets, and supporting partners.
• Assess existing training materials used by the WPC component and make necessary additions, changes and revisions; provide input as requested regarding other IDLO training materials from a gender justice perspective.
• Develop new training materials as requested.
• Deliver legal or other technical training for staff of WPCs either through IDLO staff or experienced consultants.
• Work with WPC partners to update and implement the WPC Guidelines that establish
• standards of conduct and provide guidance for compliance with MOWA’s WPC Regulation.
• Support advocacy efforts for changes needed in the WPC Regulation.
• Work with WPC partners to increase their capacity and improve their performance in relevant service areas.
• Link WPCs to gender justice resources, including (but not limited to) INL-funded gender justice programs.
• Create awareness with the media and Ministry of Hajj officials about violence against women
• (VAW) issues, the role and services of WPCs, and confidentiality of VAW victims.
• Maintain relationships and networks with relevant governmental, donor, UN and/or civil society stakeholders to advance the SAJA II work plan.
• Coordinate with other SAJA II components to leverage efforts and resources on common issues.
• Prepare annual budgets, work plans and PMPs for the WPC component.
• Provide accurate, complete and timely reports, including biweekly and quarterly reports, to the SAJA II Chief of Party in accordance with IDLO procedures and donor requirements.
• In cooperation with the finance department, prepare financial forecasts for the WPC
• component and monitor component expenditures.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Chief of Party.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Master’s degree in international development, law, public administration, business administration, public policy or other relevant social sciences;
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience with gender-focused programming and government institutions in Afghanistan, preferably related to issues affecting women at-risk
• Fluency in English and Dari is required, knowledge of Pashto would be an advantage.
• Proven experience in a managerial and supervisory capacity of human and financial resources and a track record in program administration; and
• Good understanding of Afghanistan’s legal framework;
• Good knowledge of gender-based violence issues and support mechanisms like women’s protection centers;
• Familiarity with standard program and data management tools, as well as results-based management and monitoring and evaluation principles;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Good interpersonal skills with ability to see through tasks set and deliver results;
• The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit;
• Self-motivated and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives;
• Professional experience in capacity development and rule of law programming would be an asset;
• Prior experience working on a US-funded project preferable.
• Ability to travel around Afghanistan and network with local officials
• Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Law
Please submit your CV to the email provided and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the position (Team Leader - WPC) and the Vacancy number (IDLO/SAJA/18/2018) you are applying. Please read the vacancy and make sure your experience and qualification meet the above criteria and if any application does not meet the requirements will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for Test/Interview!
|More jobs in this category|
|Project Management Specialist (Agriculture) (.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||01 Sep 2018|
|Programme Policy Officer (Asset Creation) at United Nations-World Food Pr..||Kabul||27 Aug 2018|
|Programme Officer-Elections (SB4/1) at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|Project Associate (SB3/3) Global Fund Project at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|