Technician/ Electrician(514 Views)
About National Democratic Institute for International Affairs
National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizens participation, openness and accountability in government.
The Staffer will be hired as Technician/ Electrician and will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan. The Staffer will report to the NDI Security & Operation Manager under the direct supervision of the Operations Officer.
|Date Posted:||12 Aug 2018||Reference:||NDI/KBL/004/18|
|Closing Date:||23 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee all routine maintenance of NDI office and residences.
• Do weekly maintenance checks at all NDI compounds, with particular attention to electricity (generators and city power), plumbing, doors/windows and insect screening.
• Conduct routine repairs of plumbing, electrical and NDI office and residence infrastructure.
• Check and monitor of fuel for generators, record fuel and lubricants, log sheet on a daily basis and insure that the generators have enough fuel and lubricants for use at NDI office and residences
• Manage and conduct as appropriate installation of office equipment, machinery and wiring (i.e. water pumps, air conditioning units, sinks and electrical equipment, etc.)
• Assist in procurement of technical supplies and other maintenance-related items.
• Perform other tasks as requested by the Operations Officer or his designee.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
- Knowledge of repair/maintenance of generators
- Knowledge of building electrical wiring
- Knowledge of building plumbing
At least high school, bachelor degree is preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
High School, Technical
National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI), Kabul - Afghanistan
Interested applicants should send a one page cover letter and CV to the given email -- no later than 04:00 PM, August 23, 2018. Subject line must be (Technician/ Electrician - NDI/KBL/004/18).
Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview
|More jobs in this category|
|Satellite Technical Manager at AFTEL||Kabul||26 Oct 2018|
|Wire Line Chief Technical Officer at AFTEL||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Technical Adviser & Quality Controller at Habib Gulzar Motors Limited||Kabul||04 Nov 2018|
|Social Safeguards Specialist at HEDP / MoHE||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Proposal Writer at Moraa Educational Complex||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|